YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum and chat room for kids, teens, and young adults

HomeHome  EventsEvents  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FacebookFacebook  
Welcome to Youth Safe Haven forum, and our Discord chat room.
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday mom!!
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 pm by xPoonDogg2003x

» Which holiday is your favorite?
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm by xPoonDogg2003x

» Topic'it - our forum mobile app
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 pm by Volleygirl

» 13 year olds and up, food for thought
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:06 am by Princess*_*Mackenzie

» Invisible Option in Chat room to be removed
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 am by Princess*_*Mackenzie

» Discord Connectivity Issue On Friday The 13th......!
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm by Ḳëäġäṅ

» Monday Oct 9th trivia
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm by Silver_1

» Hi I'm Jaden
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm by Ḳëäġäṅ

» HAPPY 15 RYKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:14 am by Jamie1975

Top posting users this month
Silver_1

Ḳëäġäṅ

xPoonDogg2003x

Jamie1975

JaKoB

<__-)SwAGgYAVERY(-__>

Princess*_*Mackenzie

liv_n_the_lyfe

CaNdY~SpRiNkLeS

//Austyn/

Most active topic starters
JaKoB

Silver_1

Ryan

Rhiannon

Jamie1975

Colton

Adam_G

liv_n_the_lyfe

Dolphin Kicker

/*Hunter*/

Share | 

Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JaKoB
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 2170
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 1358

PostSubject: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:57 am

Please join all of us to pray for the families, the girls, and all of Stillman Valley. I will light a candle this afternoon in Church for all of them.

STILLMAN VALLEY CHEERLEADER, PICKUP DRIVER KILLED IN OGLE COUNTY CRASH

DAVIS JUNCTION — Two people were killed Friday in a two-vehicle accident involving three Stillman Valley High School cheerleaders.

The accident occurred around 5 p.m. at Illinois 251 and Big Mound Road in rural Davis Junction in Ogle County.

The names of the victims were not immediately released.

Rescue personnel arrived to find a pickup in flames and a car occupied by the three girls in a soybean field in the southwest corner of the intersection. Two girls were transported to Rockford hospitals by helicopter, the third was transported by ambulance.

The driver of the pickup was pronounced dead at the scene, and one girl was pronounced dead at the hospital, the Ogle County Sheriff's Department said in a news release. The condition of the other two girls was not released.

The intersection is controlled by stop signs for east-west traffic on Big Mound Road. Initial witness reports to police indicate that the westbound car in which the girls were traveling failed to stop. The pickup was traveling south on Illinois 251.

Stillman Valley High, which has an enrollment of about 580, is one of four schools in the Meridian School District. Superintendent PJ Caposey said the cheerleaders are upperclassmen, "all well-known and liked by everyone."

News of the fatal crash spread quickly in the community of 1,120 people, about 14 miles southwest of Rockford.

Many people were at the school for a 7 p.m. football game against Richmond-Burton when news of the accident reached the stadium.

"It was a very easy decision for us to postpone the game," Caposey said. "It was unfortunate that it happened during the game and fortunate because the whole community is here to support each other."

More than 100 adults and students were lingering in the parking lot Friday evening. Some hugged and consoled one another; many others scrolled through social media sites on their cellphones in search of information.

Tom Elder, 41, of Stillman Valley came to the school in search of his 16-year-old daughter, Teagan.

"She and a couple of her friends are taking it pretty hard," he said.

Staff members and group counseling will be available from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the school.

"We hope people take advantage of it," Caposey said.

Firefighters look inside a damaged vehicle Friday, Sept. 4, 2015, in a field at Illinois 251 and Big Mound Road in rural Davis Junction. Two people were killed and two injured.

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com/
Tacklepro
Chat/Forum Moderator
Chat/Forum Moderator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 48
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 4

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:05 am

Thank you Jakob, I saw you had it on Facebook too, and last night 4 boys got hurt in an accident in Forreston too, what the hell? Come on people, PAY ATTENTION in that car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Angel Heart

YSH Forum Activity Points : 76
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 22

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:14 am

PLEASE, all of you that drive BE CAREFUL.

This is horrible, but could have been prevented if they had stopped at the stop sign.

Why is it we read year after year about these accidents? Put down the cell, I do not even answer mine when I am driving, let alone text.

May God shine down on Stillman Valley today.
Back to top Go down
Xcountry

YSH Forum Activity Points : 43
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 3

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:24 am

What should be a relaxing, fun, 3 day weekend is now filled with sadness.

My heart goes out to all those familes and people affected by this tragic accident.
Back to top Go down
ChiBear1

YSH Forum Activity Points : 25
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 7

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:30 pm

I feel really bad for the community, and hope God gives the families of all those involved in this accident strength.
Back to top Go down
Thunder Cat

YSH Forum Activity Points : 85
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 56

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:44 pm

This is really tragic, and sounds like the girl's car was at fault, so you wonder what was the distraction(s). Accidents are bad enough, but when they are caused by someone being reckless or careless, it makes it worse knowing it did not need to happen.
Back to top Go down
Tabby

YSH Forum Activity Points : 29
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 11

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:15 pm

My prayers go out to the family of Emily Fleming, the family of the man killed in the pickup truck, for the injured girls so that they recover, and for all the people in the Stillman Valley community.
Back to top Go down
BassMaster

YSH Forum Activity Points : 82
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 19

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:41 am

This is such an unexpected tragedy. One minute you are driving in your car talking to your friends, then seconds later you are dead.
It makes all of us appreciate life more when something like this happens, and makes us understand that life can be taken away at any time, so we should not take it for granted.

My prayers out to the families, and the girl's that are in the hospital.
Back to top Go down
CuddleBear

YSH Forum Activity Points : 94
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 23

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:04 am

I pray the girls in the hospital survive, and that God watches over and helps the family of the 2 people that died.
Back to top Go down
Cheergirl2002

YSH Forum Activity Points : 56
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 13

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:05 pm

Please everyone that drives, be careful in your car. Do not use your cell phones, do not text, or even answer your phone.

I wonder what they were doing just before the accident happened, if she lived on that road, she had to know a stop sign was there.

It's just so horrible that it happened.
Back to top Go down
CheeringChic98

YSH Forum Activity Points : 16
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 2

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:32 pm

I was so saddened to hear about this horrendous accident.

My prayers are with the family of Emily, the family of the man killed, for the girls that I heard today are recovering, and one is already back home.

Back to top Go down
Nickster97

YSH Forum Activity Points : 5
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 0

PostSubject: Re: Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad    Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:29 pm

It's really sad that 2 lives were taken, and so many more were affected, and throw into sorrow over this accident.

For some reason the word never gets out to people that driving an automobile takes concentration, and accidents can happen anyplace, at anytime, to anyone.

I pray for all those affected by this terrible accident.
Back to top Go down

Teenaged Cheerleader killed, 2 hurt bad
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1