YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum and chat room for kids, teens, and young adults

EventsHomeFAQSearchCalendarRegisterLog inFacebook
Welcome to Youth Safe Haven forum, and our Discord chat room.
Latest topics
» Prayer to keep is safe in school
Today at 6:49 pm by Colton

» My thoughts................
Today at 6:48 pm by Colton

» Back to school
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:02 pm by Silver_1

» A great song for us playing
Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:46 pm by Silver_1

» Straw Sculpting Pics
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:18 pm by bruh._.its._.Jayson

» In memory of Collin 2004-2017
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:51 pm by [<<Eye Candy Kitten>>]

» to any and all who wondered
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm by Thunder Cat

» Happy Birthday Austyn
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 pm by Silver_1

» Our 2nd year - Happy Birthday Youth Safe Haven
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:04 pm by ~Gabriella~

Top posting users this month
Silver_1

JaKoB

Trumpet Teen

CaNdY~SpRiNkLeS

xPoonDogg2003x

Ḳëäġäṅ

Colton

Eeenie_Buns

Adam_G

Thunder Cat

Most active topic starters
JaKoB

Silver_1

Ryan

Rhiannon

Jamie1975

Colton

Adam_G

Dolphin Kicker

/*Hunter*/

Trumpet Teen

Share | 

Daily Devotionals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

YSH Forum Activity Points : 783
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 482

PostSubject: Daily Devotionals   Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:54 pm

now, I know there were people that liked it when I did this before, so I thought, maybe I should do it again, so starting with today, I'm going to post the devotional that I read so that anyone that wants to can also read along, and just as in some versions of the Bible, the red lettering is the words of Jesus

Jesus the Servant

Mark 12:28-30

28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, “Which is the first commandment of all?” 29 Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment.”

Jesus repeatedly made reference to His deity for which the Jews had sought to kill Him, and yet He quotes from Deuteronomy 6:4, that "The Lord our God, the Lord is one!" There are not two or three Gods and yet Jesus claimed to be God just like God the Father. This union is a great mystery that defies human understanding but can be accepted and believed.

Jesus in His pre-existent state was in the form of God. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Jesus is God manifested in the flesh (1 Timothy 3:16). However, Jesus did not demand or cling to His rights as God. He laid aside His Divine rights and privileges in order to take the form of a servant and be made in the likeness of man. He further humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the Father, even to the point of death. This was the supreme sacrifice that identified Jesus totally with humanity and enabled God to redeem mankind. By dying a criminal's death upon the cross, Jesus fulfilled the Old Testament prophecy of Deuteronomy 21:23, and bore our curse in His own body. This redeemed us from the curse, opened wide God's blessing of justification through faith in Christ, and gave us the promise of His Holy Spirit (Galatians 3:13-14).

The Creator became the creation; the Lord became the servant; the Highest became the lowest. All of this was done because of God's great love for us.

(Deuteronomy 6:4) Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

(1 Timothy 3:16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory.

(Deuteronomy 21:23) his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God

(Galatians 3:13-14) 13 Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), 14 that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
Back to top Go down
JaKoB
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 1978
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 1246

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:10 pm

I like it Adam, it is always good to read for people that do not actually read the Bible, but may read this. In all Jesus sayings there is usually a message to be heard, the problem is, we as his people do not always here it.

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com/
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:15 am

thanks, Jakob, and here's the devotional for today, September 24, 2015

Understanding Truth

Luke 20:41-44

41 And He said to them, “How can they say that the Christ is the Son of David? 42 Now David himself said in the Book of Psalms: ‘The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, 43 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ’ 44 Therefore David calls Him ‘Lord’; how is He then his Son?”

Jesus took an apparent contradiction in scripture and through combining these paradoxical statements (concerning the humanity and deity of Christ) brought forth the truth that Christ is God in human flesh. Both assertions (the fact that Jesus was David's son and yet David's Lord) were right at the same time.

It was correct that Christ was David's son and it was also correct that Christ was David's Lord. This meant that Christ also was God. However, Christ was not exclusively David's son nor was He exclusively David's Lord. These two truths had to be combined to arrive at the whole truth. No truth of God's Word stands independent of the other truths in God's Word.

A lack of balancing truth with truth is usually the cause of much contention among men when interpreting scriptures. Some argue that everything is by grace, while others emphatically state that without faith it is impossible to please God. The Bible teaches us that we need both grace and faith to be born again - not one without the other. The same is true of faith versus works, and many other truths in God's Word. Error can simply be truth taken to an extreme at the expense of other truths.

One of the concerns of many Christians is, "How can I know I'm thinking and acting properly?" If we seek the Lord with a pure heart and singleness of purpose, then the Lord will show us anything we need to change. In other words, all we have to do is focus on the Lord with a pure heart, and He promises to show us any error. The only people who need to fear that they might be deceived are those who are not seeking the Lord with a pure and single-minded heart.
Back to top Go down
Angel Heart

YSH Forum Activity Points : 76
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 22

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:57 pm

“Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
I love this, and thank you for posting these, it is these random scriptures that motivate us all towards forgiveness, and our belief in our Lord.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:31 pm

you're welcome, Amber, and here's the devotional for today, September 25, 2015

Seek God's Wisdom

Matthew 23:1-9

1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do. 4 For they bind heavy burdens, hard to bear, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. 5 But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments. 6 They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues, 7 greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, ‘Rabbi, Rabbi.’ 8 But you, do not be called ‘Rabbi’; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren. 9 Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.”

This rebuke by Jesus to the scribes and Pharisees for their hypocrisy was the harshest treatment that He ever gave to any group. He did this publicly before the multitude, the people the hypocrites most wanted to impress.

Jesus had faced many prior battles with the scribes and Pharisees. On this particular day, the encounter started with the chief priests and elders challenging Jesus' authority. Jesus stunned them by replying with a question that challenged their authority. He then used three parables to illustrate that the leaders of the Jews had rejected the rule of God in their lives, despite their pious religious acts. They "perceived that he spake of them."

The Pharisees countered by tempting Jesus with a question about paying taxes to the Roman government. Then the Sadducees tried to stop Jesus with a question about the resurrection, and finally, a lawyer tried to snare Him with a question about the greatest commandment. Jesus did so well in each test that "no man after that durst ask him any question." Jesus then asked the leaders who were supposed to know it all, a question that none of them could answer. These Jews, who prided themselves on having superior knowledge, were totally humiliated by a man who had never been through their religious "seminary." This resulted in them being afraid to ever try to trap Jesus again, by questioning Him.

These were the events of the day that led up to Jesus' stinging public rebuke of these hypocrites. Jesus gave this rebuke knowing full well that they were planning to kill Him. Jesus was totally fearless in the face of their threats. All of these questions were intended to snare Jesus, but in His infinite superior wisdom, He evaded their traps. Ask God for His wisdom, He will also help you evade traps.
Back to top Go down
BassMaster

YSH Forum Activity Points : 82
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 19

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:38 am

Many will not admit this, but there are a lot more people reading these than what we think. They are educational as far as to the teachings of Jesus, and I enjoy your daily posts Adam.
Back to top Go down
Talyn

YSH Forum Activity Points : 167
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 95

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Is very good job Adam, like Gospel in Church, but you explain it better then Priest does, sometimes Bible is very hard to understand.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:47 pm

here's the devotional for today, September 26, 2015

Give Agape Love

Matthew 23:10-12

10 “And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ. 11 But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12 And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

In Romans 12:10 we are admonished to desire the welfare of others more than our own; to like others better than ourselves. That is an awesome command that is only obtainable through God's supernatural love. If this very simple, yet very profound truth could be understood and applied, then strife would cease (Proverbs 13:10). The world would see Christianity as never before, and we would discover the true joy that comes from serving someone besides ourselves.

There is much confusion today on the subject of love because we have only one English word (love) to describe a broad aspect of meanings. For example, if I said, "I love my wife, I love apple pie, and I love my dog," obviously I am not talking about love in the same degree or definition.

God's type of love; the highest kind of love, is AGAPE. This is when we seek the welfare or betterment of others even when we don't feel affection. AGAPE love does not come from one's feelings. Jesus displayed this AGAPE kind of love by going to the cross and dying for us even though He didn't feel like dying. Jesus sought the betterment of you and me, regardless of His feelings.

We, too, can AGAPE love our enemies even though we don't have a warm feeling of affection for them. If they are hungry we can feed them; if they are thirsty we can give them a drink. We can choose to seek the betterment and welfare of others regardless of how we feel.

If anyone becomes a servant and humbles himself with the motive of being exalted, then he is not truly fulfilling Jesus' command. Jesus is teaching about a true, servant's heart, that loves others more than itself and will joyfully go without so that someone else may prosper.

(Romans 12:10) Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another

(Proverbs 13:10) By pride comes nothing but strife, but with the well-advised is wisdom.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 122
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 68

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:24 am

I read the Bible, and really enjoy these post's Adam, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:12 pm

you're welcome, Mandy, here's the devotional for today, September 27, 2015

Hypocrisy Is An Attitude

Matthew 23:12

12 “And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted”

He who thinks that he will be exalted by acting as a servant, pretending to be humble so that he will receive the promise of God's Word, is sadly mistaken. Hypocrisy is an attitude or motive.

There are two main types of hypocrisy: 1) People don't practice what they preach. 2) People's motives are wrong even though their actions are right.

The second type of hypocrisy is why Jesus rebuked the scribes and Pharisees.

It is more subtle than the first type and is very prevalent today in religion. They were seeking self-glory instead of seeking to glorify God.

Their priorities are wrong, and their focus is on outward displays instead of on the inner condition of their heart. Furthermore, they always persecute the true worshipers of God.

Universally, people dislike blatant hypocrisy; although this subtle type of hypocrisy has been encouraged and even promoted by religion. Religion teaches tithing and giving for selfish motives while 1 Corinthians 13:3 and 2 Corinthians 9:7, make it clear that giving will profit us nothing unless we have the proper motive. The same thing happens when people try to achieve holiness by performing many other religious acts. It is not always the acts that are wrong, but the motives behind the acts. These wrong motives can also make you a hypocrite.

Anyone who rejects salvation because he doesn't like religious hypocrites, should remember that if he doesn't receive Jesus as his Lord, then he will spend eternity with these hypocrites in Hell.

(1 Corinthians 13:3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

(2 Corinthians 9:7) So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 342
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 172

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:52 pm

How so very true Adam, that we see "people who don't practice what they preach". So many people put a front out there that may seem like they are sincere to other people by helping them,  but deep down the sad part is the real reason they are helping people is for themselves, or self glory as it is called.

So many people have ulterior motives, and a lot of us get taken in by it.

This was a devotion that I think all of us can relate to because we all know who is sincere and who is not.

Great choice for today Adam  Very Happy  
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 pm

here's the devotional for today, September 28, 2015

Give Cheerfully, Not Out Of Fear

Matthew 23:23

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.”

Some have taught that Jesus did away with the tithe since it is not a specific part of the New Testament teaching. But in this instance, Jesus made reference to the scribes and Pharisees tithing and implied that they were right in doing so. The New Covenant did not do away with the tithe but it clarified what the motives for tithing should be.

Abram tithed over 430 years before the law was given. Jacob also tithed approximately 300 years before the time of the law. Therefore, tithing was a Biblical principle that didn't begin or end with the law of Moses. However, the law of Moses did include tithing as part of its commandments and attached were stiff penalties for those who failed to comply. It was concerning these punishments for not tithing, that the New Testament differed from the Old Testament. Malachi 3:8-9 says that if a man doesn't tithe, he has robbed God and is cursed with a curse. Therefore, people gave out of the motivation of debt and obligation. Jesus redeemed us from this and all the other curses of the law, so that God will not curse us for not tithing.

The apostle Paul also made it very clear that any type of giving motivated by anything less than God's kind of love is useless. He went on to explain in 2 Corinthians 9:7, that God wants us to give, "not grudgingly, or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver." The type of giving that God loves is cheerful, freewill giving. This does not mean that tithing is contrary to the New Testament. It is the "fear of punishment" motive, that the Old Testament law attached to tithing, that has been done away with. Giving and tithing are still very much a part of the New Testament doctrine, and if done with the New Testament attitude, are still acceptable to God. Be a giver.

(Malachi 3:8-9) 8 Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, ‘In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. 9 You are cursed with a curse, for you have robbed Me, even this whole nation.

(2 Corinthians 9:7) So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:58 pm

now, I know that all that read these have been wondering why they stopped for a few days, but I have my reasons, and am willing to tell whoever wants to know if they ask either in a PM on here or on skype, but starting with the next post it will be what was the devotional for September 29, 2015
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:36 pm

here's the devotional for September 29, 2015

God's Mercy Is A Gift

Matthew 23:23

23 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.”

One of the ways that God's goodness is revealed is by His mercy. We may describe mercy as the readiness of God to relieve the misery of fallen creatures. Many times, mercy is called compassion or loving kindness. It is expressed toward the sinner because of the misery that sin has brought upon him.

God's mercy to the believer is revealed by God taking away the misery of sin's consequences through the New Covenant of our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Mercy is not something merited or earned, but a gift, as the apostle Paul states, "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us" (Titus 3:5a).

Paul speaks of the heavenly Father as "The Father of mercies." The word father is used many times in scripture as an originator or as a source of something. For example, the devil is called the father of lies (John 8:44), i.e. he is the author and originator of lying. Likewise, our heavenly Father is the author, originator, and source of all mercy. Each time that mankind cried out in faith, God's mercy reached out and met their need.

God is said to be rich in mercy because of His great love wherewith he loved us (Ephesians 2:4), and to have a throne called grace whereby we may come and obtain mercy. God wasn't motivated to save us through pity or a sense of obligation as our Creator. He was motivated solely by love. God loves us.

(John 8:44) “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”

(Ephesians 2:4) But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:57 pm

here's the devotional for September 30, 2015

God Recognizes Our Sacrifices

Mark 12:41-44

41 Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much. 42 Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans. 43 So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury; 44 for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.”

The treasury that is spoken of here is a place located in the Women's Court that was in the temple complex but was not part of the temple itself. Women were not allowed in the temple, so the fact that this widow was casting her offering into the treasury verifies the location of the treasury.

Jesus used this instance to teach His disciples a very important lesson. He did not say these things to this widow personally. God's promises concerning giving give us an assurance that this offering was blessed back to this woman in this life, but the widow did not hear His commendation. There is no indication that this poor widow ever knew that anyone recognized the extent of her sacrifice.

Likewise, there are times when we may feel that no one knows or appreciates our sacrifices. However, just as surely as Jesus saw this woman's giving and knew of the sacrifice involved, God takes note of our smallest deeds and one day, will reward us openly.

The Lord does not judge the size of our gifts by how much we give, but rather by how much we have left over after we give. Men tend to compare themselves with each other but the Lord doesn't judge our giving by what others give. He judges our gifts by what we have to give. The Lord looks at the heart of the giver more than at the gift. The Lord weighs the giver more than the gift.

When we stand before the Lord, all of our works, not only our giving, will be tried to determine what sort - not what size they are.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 pm

here's the devotional for October 1, 2015

Guard Against Deception

Matthew 24:3-5

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.”

Deception can be avoided or else Jesus would not have said, "Take heed that no man deceive you." Satan can only deceive those who allow him to do it.

Ephesians 6:11 tells us to "Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Putting on the whole armour of God will protect you from the deception of the devil. Just wearing part of God's armour will not fully protect you. Many Christians have been running around with the helmet of salvation on but nothing else. There is more to overcoming the devil than just being saved. We have to understand our righteous position in the Lord. We also must possess faith, know the Word, and understand the gospel of peace.

The Christian life is a constant struggle against Satan, who is trying to corrupt us. Most Christians are aware of the warfare, but they don't know where the warfare is occurring. The battle is in our mind. Just as the serpent didn't come against Eve with brute force, but rather used words to deceive her, likewise Satan tries to corrupt us through thoughts contrary to the gospel. Satan's original tactic was deception and that is still his method of operation today.

One of the characteristics of children is that they are easily deceived. They are gullible. One of the things that must take place to move from childhood into sonship is spiritual discernment. This comes from being grounded in the Word of God.

The way to recognize deception is not to analyze all the false claims but rather to become so familiar with what is genuine that a counterfeit will be easily recognizable. Anyone who is truly grounded in the Word of God will not be deceived.

Last edited by Adam_G on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:42 am

here's the devotional for October 2, 2015

Base Your Relationships On God

Matthew 24:12

“And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.”

The only reason that an abundance of lawlesness would make anyone's love for the Lord grow cold, is if he were not separated from that lawlessness. As with Lot, a righteous man can torment his soul from day to day by hearing and seeing the lawless deeds of the wicked ( 2 Peter 2:8 ).

We have to deal with the world's system and those in it, but we need to be careful and maintain proper balance. We should shun relationships with those who influence us negatively more than we influence them positively.

Marriage is one area where this principle is especially true. There is no closer union in life than the marriage relationship. A believer who marries an unbeliever is directly violating this scripture and is toying with disaster. The Lord should be the most important person in our life. How could we possibly become "one" with a person who doesn't love our Lord?

It is foolish to think that after marriage an unbelieving spouse will accept the Lord. Although that does happen, it cannot be guaranteed. In fact, statistics are overwhelmingly against this happening. Regardless of that possibility, a believer who marries an unbeliever is directly violating God's instructions here. It is not a good start to any marriage to spurn God's Word.

Being unequally yoked with unbelievers just doesn't work. Believers and unbelievers are as different as righteousness and unrighteousness, light and dark, Christ and the devil. One has faith and the other has none. One is the temple of God and the other an idol. Any Christian who doesn't see this conflict is deceived.
Back to top Go down
CheeringChic98

YSH Forum Activity Points : 16
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 2

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:38 am

Thank you for posting Adam, scripture we all should live by.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:08 am

you're welcome, Savanah, and here's the devotional for October 3, 2015

Our Nature In Christ

Matthew 24:13

“But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”

Here, Jesus teaches that the believer must persevere to receive complete salvation. Salvation is a gift that cannot be earned or maintained by our own works. It has to be received by faith. However, there is effort on our part to maintain that faith. This is where holiness comes in.

Holiness will not produce relationship with God, nor will a lack of holiness make God turn away from us. He deals with us according to our faith in Jesus, not our performance. Holiness will keep Satan from stealing our faith, while a lack of holiness is an open invitation for the devil to do his worst. A person who wants to endure to the end cannot live a lifestyle that permits Satan free access to him.

Although God is not imputing our sins unto us, we cannot afford the luxury of sin because it allows Satan to have access to us. When a Christian does sin, and allows the devil an opportunity to produce death in his life, the way to stop this is to confess the sin. God is faithful and just to take the forgiveness that is already present in our born-again spirit and release it in our flesh, thereby removing Satan and his strongholds.

Holiness is a fruit and not a root of salvation. That is to say that holiness is a by-product of relationship with God; it does not produce relationship with God. It is the nature of a Christian to walk in the light, not in the dark. When we are rightly informed of who we are and what we have in Christ, then holiness will naturally flow out of us because it is our nature.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:30 am

here's the devotional for October 4, 2015

Our Hope Is In Eternity

Luke 21:15-22

15 “for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 17 And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. 18 But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 19 By your patience possess your souls. 20 But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22 For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.”

Jesus says the disciples were betrayed by parents, brothers, relatives, friends, and some disciples were even put to death. Yet, the amazing statement of Christ is that not a hair of their head will perish. The context of this statement speaks of some of the disciples dying, so this is not a promise that no physical harm will ever come. This could only refer to the resurrection.

The Greek word for "resurrection" means "a standing or rising up." The resurrection is a major theme of New Testament teaching. Out of the 13 sermons in the book of Acts, 11 stress or imply the resurrection.

The hope of the believer is the resurrection. The natural, earthly, terrestrial, corrupt, weak, mortal, vile body is said to be raised, changed and fashioned into a spiritual, heavenly, celestial, incorrupt, glorious, powerful, and immortal body. This is the completeness that has been purchased for all of us in Christ.

The Lord views everything in the light of eternity. Man tends to view things in the context of his brief life on earth. From man's perspective, a person who dies for his faith in Jesus has lost a great deal. From Jesus' viewpoint, a martyr hasn't lost a thing. Even the very hairs on our head are numbered.

The patience that Jesus is speaking of here is the calm assurance that God knows every hurt that we feel and He will abundantly recompense us in the resurrection. This knowledge enables us to control our emotions in the face of persecution (i.e. possess our souls) instead of letting our emotions of fear dominate us.
Back to top Go down
Tacklepro
Chat/Forum Moderator
Chat/Forum Moderator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 48
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 4

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:13 pm

"The hope of the believer is the resurrection", which is why so many have been put to death for refusing to stop accepting Christ, and convert to Islam. In the face of death at the recent college in Oregon, many answered yes when the gunman asked "do you believe in Christ". All of us know there is a resurrection.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:34 pm

here's the devotional for October 5, 2015

Get Ready For Jesus

Matthew 24:38-39

38 “For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.”

Jesus is prophesying that just as in Noah's day, people will be dominated with the temporary affairs of this life instead of eternal spiritual truths, when Jesus returns. Before our Lord's second return, there will be plenty of signs to show that the time is drawing near, but few will heed them. Preoccupation with the affairs of this life can dull us to the spiritual realm.

The Lord kindly but seriously, points out the urgent need to be ready for His return. In the same way that a thief comes when people are the least prepared, so our Lord will return in a time when people are not looking for Him.

This is not because our Lord desires to surprise everyone and see how many He can catch unprepared. On the contrary, He is urging us to be watchful so that we will be prepared. Jesus gave us the signs of the end times to help us be prepared. He is simply prophesying that there will be a condition of apathy in the latter days that will tend to lull even the faithful to sleep if they don't take heed to His words.

Believers will not be assembled on a mountaintop somewhere waiting for the Lord's return. They will still be going about their daily routines. The Lord told us to "do business till I come" (Luke 19:13). We should be ready for the Lord to come back at any moment, yet work as if His return was still far off.

(Luke 19:13) “So he called ten of his servants, delivered to them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Do business till I come.’ ”
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 342
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 172

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:22 pm

I cannot tell you how much I really enjoy these daily devotionals, Adam. What great words of inspiration they hold for us.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:14 am

ok, well, with the way things went yesterday, I somehow didn't find time to get on here and post anything, so, my next posts will get the devotionals caught up for those who like to read them
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 am

here's the devotional for October 6, 2015

Follow The Leading Of The Holy Spirit

Matthew 25:14

“For the kingdom of heaven is like a man traveling to a far country, who called his own servants and delivered his goods to them.”

The parable of the talents continues the theme of being ready for the Lord's return, but it also makes a strong point that we are accountable to the Lord for the gifts He has given us. The Lord intends us to use these gifts to further His kingdom - not keep them hidden.

This parable also shows the Lord dealing with His servants according to their own individual gifts and abilities. The servants who doubled their Lord's money were praised equally, even though one had produced two and one-half times as much revenue for His Lord than the other. Every man's work shall be judged as to what sort it is - not what size it is.

Most people today are preoccupied with quantity of ministry instead of quality of ministry. The Lord is going to reward us based on how well we did, not on how much we did. Those who are not governed by the Holy Spirit in their actions will see all their good works burned up on the day we stand before the Lord and He tries our works. Those who acted only under the guidance of the Holy Spirit will find that their works will endure the test and they will receive a reward.

Many people choose to do good things thinking that God will be pleased. It is our positive response to God's direction (faith) that pleases God (Hebrews 11:6). We were created with a purpose and every individual has a God-given plan for his life. Unless our actions are in agreement with God's plan for our life, they will not abide the test of God's fire.

(Hebrews 11:6) But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Back to top Go down

Daily Devotionals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next