YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum and chat room for kids, teens, and young adults

HomeHome  EventsEvents  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FacebookFacebook  
Welcome to Youth Safe Haven forum, and our Discord chat room.
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday mom!!
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:09 pm by xPoonDogg2003x

» Which holiday is your favorite?
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:39 pm by xPoonDogg2003x

» Topic'it - our forum mobile app
Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 pm by Volleygirl

» 13 year olds and up, food for thought
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:06 am by Princess*_*Mackenzie

» Invisible Option in Chat room to be removed
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 am by Princess*_*Mackenzie

» Discord Connectivity Issue On Friday The 13th......!
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm by Ḳëäġäṅ

» Monday Oct 9th trivia
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm by Silver_1

» Hi I'm Jaden
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm by Ḳëäġäṅ

» HAPPY 15 RYKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:14 am by Jamie1975

Top posting users this month
Silver_1

Ḳëäġäṅ

xPoonDogg2003x

Jamie1975

JaKoB

<__-)SwAGgYAVERY(-__>

Princess*_*Mackenzie

liv_n_the_lyfe

CaNdY~SpRiNkLeS

//Austyn/

Most active topic starters
JaKoB

Silver_1

Ryan

Rhiannon

Jamie1975

Colton

Adam_G

liv_n_the_lyfe

Dolphin Kicker

/*Hunter*/

Share | 

Daily Devotionals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

YSH Forum Activity Points : 808
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 499

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:23 pm

here's the devotional for October 25, 2015

Our Life Is In Him

John 15:4

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.”

This is a profound truth, that is the key to bearing fruit, but it is so easy to forget. Because the fruit is borne on the branch, it is easy to credit the branch with the fruit, when it is the vine that drew the life from the earth and channeled it through the branch.

Likewise, since we are the branch through which the life of God flows, we sometimes think that it is our own holiness that produces the fruit. The moment we think that way, we are no longer abiding (trusting in; clinging to) in the vine and we will become fruitless if we persist in this mind set.

This is actually a great relief if the believer understands this and applies it properly. It puts all the responsibility on Jesus. Our only responsibility is to respond to His ability. In the same way that you have never seen a branch travailing to bring forth fruit, so all we have to do is labor to enter into His rest (trust and depend) and completely trust Jesus as our source (Hebrews 4:11). If we abide in Him, fruit will come naturally.

It's our faith in what Jesus did for us that saved us, and our faith has to continue to be in Christ, not in ourselves, to maintain salvation. Our holiness, righteousness, and justification are gifts that we receive in our spirits through Jesus.

Just like the life of a root is found in the soil, or a branch in the vine, or a fish in the sea, so the believer's true life is found in the union with Christ.

(Hebrews 4:11) Let us therefore be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall according to the same example of disobedience.
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 356
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 183

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:57 pm

As simple as the Bible, and word of God is to understand, I cannot understand why so many refuse to accept his word. I grew up having faith, it got me through the death of my parents, and the down parts of my life, I cannot imagine what my life would be like without believing or not having faith.  
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:54 pm

here's the devotional for October 26, 2015

Expect Persecution

John 15:19

“If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.”

We should not think it is strange to be persecuted. "All who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12). We can actually rejoice because we are being persecuted for Jesus' sake, and the Lord will be with us in the midst of the persecution. When we stand before Him, there will be more than ample reward.

Persecution is a token that those persecuting you are under conviction. They realize that they are not living what your words or actions are advocating and in self defense, they attack you, who they perceive is the source of their conviction. If you understand this, it makes persecution much easier to take. They aren't just mad at you; they are convicted. When the gospel is presented in the power of the Holy Spirit, there will always be either revival or riot, but not indifference.

In the midst of persecution, Satan will try to convince us that the strife is all our fault. If he succeeds, then we back down and the pressure is off his followers. However, Jesus suffered continual rejection and persecution, yet we know that the problem was not with Him, but with those who rejected Him.

Jesus makes it clear that persecution is an inevitable part of living a godly life, so that we will not fall prey to introspection and self-condemnation when rejection comes. If our sinless Savior was rejected, then certainly we will be too. Don't feel guilty or condemned when persecution comes. The Word strips people of the disguises they have been hiding their sins behind, and the result is persecution.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:37 pm

here's the devotional for October 27, 2015

Embrace The Holy Spirit

John 16:7

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.”

The Greek word translated "expedient" means "to be an advantage; profitable."

How could any situation be more advantageous or profitable than having Jesus physically with you?

When Jesus walked on this earth in His physical body, He was subject to many physical limitations. For instance, He could not always be with every one of His disciples all the time. Through the ministry of the Holy Spirit, He could. Instead of Satan getting rid of Jesus, 120 "little Christs" (that is literally what the word "Christian" means) came out of the upper room on the day of Pentecost.

Jesus taught His disciples as no teacher ever had, yet they had very little understanding because they were not born again. However, when the Holy Spirit came, He lead them into all truth and even showed them things to come.

The list of advantages of having the Holy Spirit in us as compared to having Jesus with us in His physical body, goes on and on. The advantages can all be summed up in that Jesus' power is now complete (Matthew 28:18) and no longer confined to one physical body.

There is no such thing as victorious Christian living without a moment by moment, hour by hour, day by day dependence upon the Spirit of God. Not only is the Christian life hard to live but it is impossible to live without the power of God Himself.

(Matthew 28:18) And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.”
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:06 pm

here's the devotional for October 28, 2015

Be A Witness, Not A Judge

John 16:8

“And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment”

It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to reprove sin, righteousness, and judgment. It is not our ministry. We are simply witnesses. A witness is not the judge or the jury. A witness simply relates what he has experienced, thereby providing evidence to the truth of something. We are to witness in word and deed, to the truth of Jesus being alive in us and let God be the one who convicts. We are simply to testify to what we have seen or to what has happened to us.

Some people in their zeal, have gone beyond the witness stage and have tried to bring people under conviction themselves. This is assuming the job that belongs to the Holy Spirit alone. This not only frustrates the witness but it drives many people away from God. We make a very poor Holy Spirit; therefore, we should stick to our job of being a witness and let the Holy Spirit do His job.

Jesus specified an orderly progression in the way we should witness. First we start in Jerusalem (i.e. where we are). Then we go to those nearby (Judaea).

Finally, we take the gospel to every religious and racial group (Samaria) throughout the whole world.

There are some very practical reasons for becoming witnesses in this way.

Jesus testified that a prophet is honored everywhere except in his home town among his family and friends. Typically, at home is the hardest place to witness. Starting with those who know us best will cause us to humble ourselves and give God all the glory. Also, if rejection comes, this tempers us and our witness, so that we will be more effective and more resilient when we go to the outer most parts of the earth.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:18 pm

here's the devotional for October 29, 2015

Overcome Tribulation

John 16:33

“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

Jesus said we would have tribulation. He did not say that He was the one bringing the tribulation or what the tribulation would be, but He said it would come. Then He made the amazing statement that in the midst of tribulation we were to be of good cheer.

Tribulations exist because there is a battle between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of the devil. When we operate in faith, God is able to grant us such victory that we are actually better off because of the battle. It's just like when a army goes to war. If they win, they gain spoils. But if they embrace their enemy because of the spoils they were expecting to receive, they will be killed instead of blessed. First, you have to fight and win the war and then, and only then, will the spoils be available. The enemy doesn't come to be a blessing, but a blessing can be obtained from the enemy if we are victorious.

Likewise, tribulations and adversities are not blessings from God. They are attacks from the enemy intended to steal the Word of God out of our lives. No man should say that the temptation came from God, for God is not the one who tempts any man (James 1:13).

If problems were what perfected us, then most Christians would have been perfected long ago and those who experienced the greatest problems would be the greatest Christians. However, that's not the way it is. God's Word is given to us to make us complete, and thoroughly equipped for every good work (2 Timothy 3:17). God's Word does not need to be supplemented with problems to accomplish its work.

(James 1:13) Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.

(2 Timothy 3:17) that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:34 pm

here's the devotional for October 30, 2015

Rejoice In The Lord - Always

John 16:33

“These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

The world experiences joy and happiness in direct proportion to their circumstances. Bad circumstances produce depression and sorrow, while good circumstances produce joy and peace. That's bondage, and does not have to be the case for a Christian. Our joy is not dependent on things, but rather on the person of Jesus Christ. He is our peace and joy.

The way we take advantage of this joy and peace in the midst of tribulation, is to have our minds and hearts stayed on things above and not on things of this earth. The invisible things of God are eternal while the visible problems on earth are only temporary. All the problems of this life grow very dim when we compare them to the glory of God that is ours through Jesus.

We can rejoice in the Lord always (Philippians 4:4) because rejoicing is an action, not a reaction to our environment. Joy is a gift from God that was given to us at salvation. It was placed within our born-again spirit and it doesn't fluctuate or diminish; it is constant. The Lord has put the joy inside us and we are to "work it out" by choosing to obey this command in scripture.

We are commanded to rejoice "IN THE LORD." Many people are not experiencing true joy because their joy is in their circumstances. That is, they are waiting to rejoice when things in their lives are going good, and that doesn't happen very often. We are suppose to "rejoice in the Lord always."

That means we are supposed to rejoice in who the Lord is and what He has done for us. He never changes ( Hebrews 13:8 ) and His mercies and compassions are new every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).

(Philippians 4:4) Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!

( Hebrews 13:8 ) Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

(Lamentations 3:22-23) 22 Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. 23 They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:40 pm

here's the devotional for October 31, 2015

How To Experience Eternal Life Today

John 17:3

“And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.”

In order to fully understand what eternal life is, it is helpful to understand what it is not. Eternal life is not living forever. Everyone lives forever in either heaven or hell. Also, eternal life is not living forever in the blessings of heaven as opposed to being tormented in hell.

John 3:36 and 5:24 show that eternal life is a present tense possession of the believer.

Here, Jesus defines eternal life as knowing God the Father and Jesus Christ.

As we have already discussed, the word "know" is speaking of intimacy instead of mere intellectual knowledge. Therefore, eternal life is having an intimate, personal relationship with God the Father and Jesus the Son.

According to John 3:16, this intimacy with God is what salvation is all about. Forgiveness of our sins is not the point of salvation: intimacy with the Father is. Of course, Jesus did die to purchase forgiveness for our sins because unforgiven sins block us from intimacy with God. Sin was an obstacle that stood between us and God. It had to be dealt with and it was. Anyone who views salvation as only forgiveness of their sins and stops there, is missing out on eternal life.

Salvation is intended to be the way to come back into harmony with God.

Instead, it is often presented as the way to escape the problems of this life and the judgment of hell later.

Most non-believers are so occupied with their "hell on earth" that they don't really think or care about their eternal future. They are fed up with religion and are looking for something that will fill the emptiness inside.

Only intimate relationship (eternal life) with our Father can do that.

(John 3:36) “He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

(John 5:24) “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.”

(John 3:16) “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:11 pm

here's the devotional for November 1, 2015

His Will Is In The Word

John 17:17

“Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.”

In this prayer, Jesus prayed twice that the Father would keep His disciples from evil. Then He reveals the way that God will accomplish this - through His Word, the holy scriptures. Anyone who desires to live for God, reject the devil, and reject the world's system, must know God's Word.

We must study the scriptures, for they reveal the will of God for our actions and attitudes. To be filled with the knowledge of God's will, we must be filled with God's Word. God's Word is His will! Those who are ignorant of God's Word will be ignorant of God's will.

Knowledge of God's will is foundational in developing Christian conduct and character. There is no way we can fulfill God's will if we don't know what it is. The starting point for any Christian is understanding God's will for his life. How can a person obtain such knowledge? The first step is to desire it. Jeremiah 29:13 says, "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart." People ask the Lord for knowledge of His will but don't receive it because they aren't seeking with ALL THEIR HEART. No one who has ever sought the Lord with all his heart has ever been disappointed.

The Holy Spirit is the dispenser of God's wisdom. It is through Him that we know the things God has revealed to us. One of the primary ministries of the Holy Spirit is to reveal God's will to us.

There is no way we can walk worthy of the Lord and please Him if we don't know His will. Furthermore, we can't be fruitful without the knowledge of His will. God has provided all that we need to be successful and victorious in this life. Believe His Word.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:52 pm

here's the devotional for November 2, 2015

Give All The Glory To God

John 17:18

“As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.”

We are not from the world. Through the new birth, we come from God and should constantly remind ourselves of this. It is not good to be too "at home" in the world. We are in the world but are not of the world. Great men and women of God have always had this attitude.

The primary reason that God chooses to use those who are nothing by the world's standards, is so no one else can take credit for the great things that are accomplished.

If the Lord used those who had it "all together" in the natural, then they would share the glory that rightfully belongs to God alone. But when the Lord works miraculously through someone who obviously has no talent or ability, then everyone says, "This must be God."

Not only does this keep others from misdirecting the glory that belongs to God, but it keeps the person who God uses from swelling up with pride. One of Satan's greatest weapons against someone who is being used by God is to tempt them to think that the Lord is using them because they possess some superior virtue.

God uses "nobodies." If we think we've become "somebody" (in our flesh), then we will cease being used. He will not share His glory with anyone else ( Isaiah 42:8 ).

( Isaiah 42:8 ) I am the Lord, that is My name; and My glory I will not give to another, nor My praise to carved images.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:11 am

here's the devotional for November 3, 2015

One In Spirit

John 17:21

“that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me”

Jesus is praying for all believers to be one as He and the Father are one.

This goes far beyond what many promote as unity today. Paul besought the Corinthians to "all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment" (1 Corinthians 1:10). This is God's standard of unity.

This oneness among believers is what Jesus said would cause the world to know that Jesus is the Son of God. This is the greatest tool for evangelism that the church has. The only way that Christ's body will be one as the Father and Jesus are One is through God's kind of love. No wonder Satan tries to get believers to go at each others' throats. We spend billions of dollars a year on evangelism through television, radio, conventions and crusades, yet, the world is not evangelized because the body of Christ is not united in love.

There is very little unity among believers today. This has occured over thousands of years and it probably won't be fixed over night. We must strive towards unity but not be overwhelmed by the problem. All Christians have already been joined to each other through the body of Christ, and God the Father sees us all as His children. All divisions among Christians are made by man, not God. For a brief period of time, the church enjoyed unity on earth. Regardless of what strife and division has occurred, all believers are still one in Christ and will live in perfect oneness throughout eternity. We are now one in Spirit. We just need to experience that unity here on earth.

"Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10).

(1 Corinthians 1:10) Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:29 pm

here's the devotional for November 4, 2015

Fill Up With God

John 17:23

“I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.”

God loves us the same as He loves Jesus. A true revelation of this will quicken our faith and allow us to walk in the fullness of God. God's love is the key that opens the door to everything that God is. "for God is love" (1 John 4:8b).

God's love is not one-dimensional. There is width, length, depth and height to it, which can only be comprehended through the revelation and knowledge of the Holy Spirit. Those who only have a superficial knowledge of God's love are like a person who looks at a one-dimensional picture of the real thing.

In Ephesians 3:19, Paul prays for us to know the love of God which passes knowledge. How can we know the love of God if it passes knowledge? This sounds like a contradiction. The Greek word that is translated "know" in this verse is GINOSKO, which is a verb expressing experiential knowledge. The Greek word that is translated "knowledge" is GNOSIS, which is a noun denoting the act of knowledge. Simply, Paul is praying that we will experience the love of God which passes mere knowledge of it.

Since a true revelation of God's love makes us full with the fullness of God, then a lack of being full of God must mean that we lack understanding and experience of God's love. The end result of having understanding and experiential knowledge of God's love is that we will be filled with all the fullness of God.

(Ephesians 3:19) to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:01 pm

here's the devotional for November 5, 2015

Chosen Before Creation

John 17:24

“Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.”

God the Father had the plan of salvation worked out before He even created the world. Most of us would not have created the world and man if we knew the heartache and terrible sacrifice it would cost. But God is not man. In His judgment (which is the correct judgment) the prize was worth the cost.

We were chosen in Christ before the world began. The Lord did not choose us by our merit, but solely by our acceptance of Christ which His foreknowledge allowed Him to do before the foundation of the world. In the strictest sense, we were not personally chosen, but Christ was chosen and all those who are "in Christ" partake of His being chosen by His Father. Just as we are the beneficiaries of the covenant between God the Father and His Son Jesus, so we are chosen because we chose God's chosen, i.e. Christ. The Father would no more reject us than He would reject Jesus because we are accepted by the Father through Christ.

None of us can claim that we are without blame in the sight of men because man looks on the outward appearance (1 Samuel 16:7) and all of us have sinned (Romans 3:23). But the Lord looks on our born-again spirit which has been regenerated in Christ and He sees us holy and without blame.

If you look at any color through a red glass, that color becomes red. The same thing would happen if you looked through a green glass. Everything would become green. In a similar way, God looks at us through Christ and everything in our life becomes covered by the blood of Jesus. We are holy and without blame before Him because of His love expressed through His Son.

(1 Samuel 16:7) But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

(Romans 3:23) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:33 am

here's the devotional for November 6, 2015

Seek The Will Of God

Luke 22:41-42

41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed, 42 saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”

Jesus knew it was the Father's will for Him to be made an offering for the sins of the world. This is true because He prophesied His death and resurrection many times before. However, because of His unique relationship with God, Jesus was asking God to accomplish His will some other way, but at the same time affirming His commitment to do His Father's will and not His own.

He was not at a loss to know God's will and therefore, left this time of prayer trusting that whatever the Father deemed best for Him would happen.

He knew, when He began praying what the Father's will was and He knew at the close of His prayer, that God's will could not be accomplished any other way.

For us to pray, "Lord, if it is your will" in response to a promise that God has given us is nothing but unbelief and is not even remotely related to what Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane. One of the foundational principles of answered prayer is that we must believe that we receive when we pray (Mark 11:24). There is no way that we can fulfill that condition if we don't know God's will in that situation. Praying, "if it is your will" takes us out of the active position of believing and puts us in the passive position of waiting and letting circumstances rule our lives. If we are seeking direction in an area where God's will is not already expressed through His Word, then we should pray James 1:5, and ask for wisdom. Then we can believe that we receive when we pray, and with that knowledge continue our prayer in faith.

We should not be ignorant but understand what the will of the Lord is (Ephesians 5:17).

The only appropriate time to pray, "If it is your will" is when we are dedicating ourselves to the service of God, regardless of where or what that may be.

(Mark 11:24) “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”

(James 1:5) If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

(Ephesians 5:17) Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:36 pm

here's the devotional for November 7, 2015

He Is Our "Abba"

Mark 14:36

And He said, “Abba, Father, all things are possible for You. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what You will.”

Although God was referred to as our Father in the Old Testament, Jesus' frequent use of this title brought a whole new understanding of our relationship with God. Jesus referred to God as His Father, and He spoke of God as being our Father as well. This infuriated the religious Jews of Jesus' day who considered it blasphemy to call God their Father, because they understood that to mean they were equal with God.

We are instructed to call God our Father, revealing the kind, gentle, loving nature of our God. The term "Abba" is an affectionate term that a young child calls his father, which corresponds to our term "daddy." It is a term used to express intimacy and affectionate fondness. It removes the idea of God as a strict judge and carries the image of Him as a loving Father who cares, understands, and is our best friend. "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God" (1 John 3:1).

We are sons of God by adoption. Jesus was the Son of God by nature. As Jesus said to the Jews, ye are of your Father the devil (John 8:44; Ephesians 2:3).

However, Jesus purchased us and made us adopted sons of God.

We are not just heirs, we are joint-heirs with Christ. To think that we share equally with the one who has inherited everything God is, and has, is beyond comprehension.

(John 8:44) “You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”

(Ephesians 2:3) among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:32 pm

here's the devotional for November 8, 2015

His Fathomless Pain

Luke 22:43-44

43 Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

It is interesting that Luke is the only one of the gospel writers to mention that Jesus' sweat was as great drops of blood. This is probably because Luke was a physician (Colossians 4:14), and therefore, this had special significance to him.

There have been documented cases of people actually sweating drops of blood under extreme emotional pressure. This might explain why Luke is the only writer to mention the angel strengthening Jesus. Just as when Jesus encountered Satan during His forty days of fasting and temptation in the wilderness and the angels ministered unto Him (Mark 1:13), so here, He needed supernatural strength to endure His sufferings.

The use of the words "became like" might also mean that the sweat of Jesus was only comparable to blood in consistency or size, but it certainly underscores the effect Jesus' agony had on His physical body.

Jesus' sufferings for us were more than just physical. In the garden, before He suffered physically, He suffered emotionally, almost to the point of death. As Luke records, an angel had to come and give Him strength or the emotional struggle alone would have killed Him.

All that Jesus did was motivated solely by love. It was for the joy that was set before Him that He endured going to the cross. He didn't do what He did to save us out of pity or a sense of obligation as our Creator. He did it because He loves us.

(Colossians 4:14) Luke the beloved physician and Demas greet you.

(Mark 1:13) And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:59 am

ok, well, I'm a day behind, so this and the next post will get my readers caught up, but here's the devotional for November 9, 2015

Choose To Focus On All That Is Good

Mark 14:38

“Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

Temptation is linked directly to what we think upon (Hebrews 11:15). Temptation has to be entered into. We can avoid temptation by avoiding thoughts that generate temptation (Proverbs 23:7). Since it is impossible to not think, we cannot just try to reject the negative thoughts in this world, but we must choose to think on the positive truths of God. This is where prayer comes in.

In prayer, we have our minds stayed upon God and therefore, are not receptive to thoughts that conceive temptation. Temptation or sin must be conceived (James 1:14-15). In the physical realm, the easiest way to avoid an unwanted birth is to avoid conception, so it is in the spiritual world.

It is easier to avoid being tempted by being in constant communion with God than it is to overcome temptation once it has been conceived.

Paul admonishes the Philippian believers to reflect and meditate upon eight positive principles of thinking that will lead to a victorious Christian life ( Philippians 4:8 ). These are things that are "true," that is: honorable, truthful and upright. Things that are "honest," that is: honorable, truthful, genuine, not characterized by deception or fraud. Things that are "just," that is: in accordance with what is right, or right conduct; any circumstance, fact, or deed that is right. Things that are "pure," free from defilement or impurity.

Things that are "lovely," pleasing, agreeable, inspiring love or affection. A "good report," that is: a saying or report that is positive and constructive rather than negative and destructive. "Virtue," which is moral excellence, righteousness, and goodness. "Praise," or what is praiseworthy; expressing one's esteem of a person and his virtues. We need to focus on the good in every area of our lives. Recognizing God's hand in even the smallest things will bring peace and keep our hearts and minds following hard after the Lord.

(Hebrews 11:15) And truly if they had called to mind that country from which they had come out, they would have had opportunity to return.

(Proverbs 23:7) For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, but his heart is not with you.

(James 1:14-15) 14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.

( Philippians 4:8 ) Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:25 am

here's the devotional for November 10, 2015

You Have It All--In The Spirit

Matthew 26:41

“Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.”

The Bible presents salvation as a life transforming experience. Change is one of the distinguishing characteristics of a true believer. Yet, failure to understand that this change takes place in the spirit first, and then is reflected in our outward appearance through our thoughts and actions in direct proportion to the way we renew our minds, causes much confusion.

This change has to take place in our born-again spirit first. Why is that? If you were fat before you got saved, you will be fat after you get saved, unless you go on a weight loss program. Your body doesn't instantly change and neither does your soul or mind.

It is your spirit that is instantly changed at salvation. It is perfect (Hebrews 12:23). It cannot sin (1 John 3:9). Everything that is true of Jesus is true of our born-again spirit. Your spiritual salvation is complete. At salvation, you receive the same spirit that you will have throughout all eternity. It will not have to be changed or cleansed again. It is sealed with the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 1:13) and therefore, is sanctified and perfected forever (Hebrews 10:10; 10:14; 12:23).

For the remainder of our Christian life, we must not try to obtain faith, joy or love from God, but rather release what we already have in our spirits (Galatians 5:22-23) into our soul and body. Failure to understand this has caused some people to despair when they don't see sufficient change in their life after coming to the Lord for salvation. It must be understood that the change is internal in our spirit and the outward change will take place as we renew our minds through God's Word.

(1 John 3:9) Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

(Ephesians 1:13) In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise

(Hebrews 10:10) By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

(Hebrews 10:14) For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

(Hebrews 12:23) to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect

(Galatians 5:22-23) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:00 pm

here's the devotional for November 11, 2015

Exercise Your Soul

Our spirit is not our problem. The born-again Christian receives a new spirit at conversion, that is just like Jesus' (1 John 4:17) because it is the Spirit of Jesus. Our born-again spirit is always willing to do God's will. It's our flesh that is the problem.

The flesh, as Jesus describes it here, not only includes our physical body but also describes our soul. God has given every believer everything it takes to walk in victory, but "we have this treasure in earthen vessels" (2 Corinthians 4:7). That is saying that our spirit, where God has deposited all of His power and glory, is locked inside our flesh.

That does not mean that we cannot tap into this divine source. As much as we will renew our minds and act on the Word of God, we can experience this divine flow through our physical bodies. However, just as we must use our muscles to increase in strength, we must exercise ourselves (soul, mind and body) unto godliness ( 1 Timothy 4:7-8 ).

Prayer is one important way of exercising ourselves unto godliness, and is why Jesus admonished His disciples to watch and pray with Him.

(1 John 4:17) Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world.

(2 Corinthians 4:7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us.

( 1 Timothy 4:7-8 ) 7 But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness. 8 For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:54 pm

here's the devotional for November 12, 2015

Walk In The Light

How do you walk in the Spirit? The way you do this is through living by, conducting your actions according to, and following the leading of the Word of God as quickened to you by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit and the Word of God agree perfectly because the Holy Spirit is the one who inspired the written Word of God.

Denying the flesh will not result in walking in the Spirit. Walking in the Spirit will result in denying the flesh. This may seem like a subtle difference to some, but the difference is truly profound. As a whole, false religions teach that as we overcome our flesh, there is a noticeable increase in the presence and power of God in our lives. That was what the Pharisees of Jesus' day and the legalistic Jews of Paul's day taught. Just the opposite is true. As we experience more of the presence and power of the Spirit of God, then the influence of the flesh is diminished. Victory must come in this order. We don't walk in the Spirit as a result of overcoming the flesh, rather overcoming the flesh is the result of walking in the Spirit.

It's similar to how you fill a dark room with light. You don't shovel out the darkness and then light appears. No! You simply turn on the light and the darkness flees. Much of religion preaches to stop sinning (get rid of the darkness) and then the Holy Spirit will come and empower you (the light will come). That's not the way it works. Man can no more get rid of the power of the flesh on his own than he can get rid of the power of darkness without light. We have to receive the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives by grace and then the union with the Holy Spirit breaks the power of the flesh. The key to breaking the dominion of the flesh is to appropriate the power of the Spirit through faith, while the flesh is still causing us problems. Those who are waiting for the Spirit to manifest after they have subdued the flesh, will wait as long as the man who is trying to get rid of the darkness so the light will appear.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:08 pm

here's the devotional for November 13, 2015

The "Old Man" Is Dead

Mark 14:41

Then He came the third time and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and resting? It is enough! The hour has come; behold, the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners.”

It is not our individual acts of sin that make us a sinner. It is our sin nature that makes us commit individual acts of sin. Adam's one sin produced a sin nature in all men that in turn, caused each person to commit individual acts of sin. Jesus not only dealt with the original sin that contaminated the human race, but He also dealt with each individual act of sin.

Anyone who is trying to obtain righteousness through their actions is totally missing the point. Believers are made righteous through faith in Christ, independent of their actions. It's the same way that everyone was made a sinner: through Adam's one sin, not through our individual sins.

At salvation, our old man (Romans 6:6) or sin nature died, but the tendency to sin remains in the thoughts and emotions that the old man left behind. No longer does the Christian have a sin nature that compels him to sin, but he must simply deal with renewing his mind.

Sin ruled like a king through condemnation to bring death upon everyone.

Condemnation is like the general of sin that enforces its power. Likewise, God's grace now rules like a king through righteousness to bring all who are in Christ into eternal life. Righteousness is the general of grace who defends us against all the wiles of the devil.

Remove guilt or condemnation and sin loses its strength to rule (1 Corinthians 15:56). Remove the knowledge of righteousness by faith, and grace loses its power to release eternal life into our daily lives.

(Romans 6:6) knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin

(1 Corinthians 15:56) The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 356
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 183

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:22 pm

As usual, a very good devotional today Adam. I wonder how many of those in power do for greed, and self fulfillment, and they do not see it as a sin

**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:21 pm

I am willing to bet that 9 out of 10 of those in power are there because of greed and self-serving purposes, and that 10 out of 10 of that group of people do not see it as a sin
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:35 pm

here's the devotional for November 14, 2015

Receive The Ministry Of The Angels

Luke 22:43

Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.

We have angels assigned to us. Hebrews 1:14 further reveals that their purpose is to minister to us, on our behalf. In the Old Testament, Psalm 91 teaches on the ministry of angels to God's people.

Some people who have realized this truth have taken it as far as to say that we are suppose to speak to our angels and they will obey our commands. There is no instruction in scripture to do this nor is there any example of that being done. We don't have the intelligence to administer all of the angels.

Many of the angels' protective duties described in Psalm 91 are preventative, and we certainly could not effectively command these activities.

Rather, these angels are dispatched exactly as this verse describes - by looking at the Father's face (Matthew 18:10). God Almighty controls them for us; however, we do have a part to play. Psalm 91:1 prefaces all of these promises about angels as being for those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High. Psalm 91:2 further instructs us to say that the Lord is our refuge and fortress and in Him we trust.

It is the combination of our faith in God and His faithfulness to us that releases the angels on our behalf. If it was solely up to God, His provision would be the same for everyone because of His mercy and grace. However, we have to receive God's grace by faith ( Ephesians 2:8 ). As we seek the Lord, become aware of His ministering spirits which were created to minister to us, and speak forth our faith in this area, He will send forth His angels on our behalf.

(Hebrews 1:14) Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?

(Psalm 91) 1 He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust. 3 Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. 4 He shall cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler. 5 You shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked. 9 Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, 10 no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; 11 for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. 12 In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone. 13 You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. 14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”

(Matthew 18:10) “Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that in heaven their angels always see the face of My Father who is in heaven.”

( Ephesians 2:8 ) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God

Last edited by Adam_G on Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ICheer2

YSH Forum Activity Points : 73
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 40

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:22 pm

Adam, I have read through most of these tonight, I really enjoy them, please keep sharing them for us, a lot of us are really guilty of not reading the Bible as much as we should.
Back to top Go down

Daily Devotionals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next