YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum and chat room for kids, teens, and young adults

EventsHomeFAQSearchCalendarRegisterLog inFacebook
Welcome to Youth Safe Haven forum, and our Discord chat room.
Latest topics
» Back to school
Yesterday at 9:02 pm by Silver_1

» A great song for us playing
Yesterday at 8:46 pm by Silver_1

» Prayer to keep is safe in school
Yesterday at 8:38 pm by Silver_1

» Straw Sculpting Pics
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:18 pm by bruh._.its._.Jayson

» In memory of Collin 2004-2017
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:51 pm by [<<Eye Candy Kitten>>]

» to any and all who wondered
Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm by Thunder Cat

» Happy Birthday Austyn
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 pm by Silver_1

» Our 2nd year - Happy Birthday Youth Safe Haven
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:04 pm by ~Gabriella~

» Locked Topics....
Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:33 pm by Silver_1

Top posting users this month
Silver_1

JaKoB

Trumpet Teen

CaNdY~SpRiNkLeS

xPoonDogg2003x

Ḳëäġäṅ

Eeenie_Buns

Adam_G

Thunder Cat

[<<Eye Candy Kitten>>]

Most active topic starters
JaKoB

Silver_1

Ryan

Rhiannon

Jamie1975

Adam_G

Colton

Dolphin Kicker

/*Hunter*/

Trumpet Teen

Share | 

Daily Devotionals

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

YSH Forum Activity Points : 783
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 482

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:36 am

ok, readers, sorry I've not posted these in a few days, but I will get you caught up, I promise

here's the devotional for November 15, 2015

Chose To Serve

Matthew 26:51

And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear.

In Romans 1:1, Paul calls himself a servant of Jesus Christ. Out of the six Greek words for "servant" used in the New Testament, Paul used one of the most slavish terms possible. The word used in this passage is "doulos" and comes from the root word "deo" which means "bind." Paul literally speaks of himself as a bondman or slave of Jesus Christ - a slave by free choice; yet owned and purchased by Jesus Christ.

The idea of being a love-slave by choice comes from Old Testament passages such as Exodus 21:2-6 and Deuteronomy 15:12-17. If an Israelite bought a Hebrew slave, he must set him free in the seventh year. However, if the slave loved his master and said, "I will not go away from you," then a hole was to be bored through the lobe of his ear pronouncing him a bond-slave forever.

Jesus is the supreme example of selflessness - He puts others ahead of Himself.

We see clearly from Jesus' example, that the way to exaltation in God's kingdom comes through humility and servanthood to others. Christ's humiliation, displayed in His coming to earth as a man, is not only a lesson in Christology but also an example to all believers of what greatness in God's kingdom entails. Let this attitude of heart, taken from the example of Jesus Christ, continue to motivate all true believers in Jesus Christ.

The Creator became the creation; the Lord became the servant; the Highest became the lowest. All of this was done because of God's great love for us.

(Romans 1:1) Paul, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated to the gospel of God

(Exodus 21:2-6) 2 If you buy a Hebrew servant, he shall serve six years; and in the seventh he shall go out free and pay nothing. 3 If he comes in by himself, he shall go out by himself; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4 If his master has given him a wife, and she has borne him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s, and he shall go out by himself. 5 But if the servant plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free,’ 6 then his master shall bring him to the judges. He shall also bring him to the door, or to the doorpost, and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him forever.

(Deuteronomy 15:12-17) 12 If your brother, a Hebrew man, or a Hebrew woman, is sold to you and serves you six years, then in the seventh year you shall let him go free from you. 13 And when you send him away free from you, you shall not let him go away empty-handed; 14 you shall supply him liberally from your flock, from your threshing floor, and from your winepress. From what the Lord your God has blessed you with, you shall give to him. 15 You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God redeemed you; therefore I command you this thing today. 16 And if it happens that he says to you, ‘I will not go away from you,’ because he loves you and your house, since he prospers with you, 17 then you shall take an awl and thrust it through his ear to the door, and he shall be your servant forever. Also to your female servant you shall do likewise.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:56 am

here's the devotional for November 16, 2015

Learn The Word By Doing It

Matthew 26:55

In that hour Jesus said to the multitudes, “Have you come out, as against a robber, with swords and clubs to take Me? I sat daily with you, teaching in the temple, and you did not seize Me.”

The four gospels refer to Jesus teaching 43 times, preaching 19 times, and preaching and teaching in the same verse, six times. This indicates that Jesus spent twice as much time teaching as He did preaching. Teaching is the basic building block for making disciples. Jesus was making disciples, not just converts.

The Greek word for "disciple" literally means "a learner," and indicates "learning by endeavor" or what we would call "on-the-job training." Jesus said in John 8:31, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed." Anyone who meets this criterion is Jesus' disciple.

"Jailhouse religion," where a person is only sorry he got caught and is trying to get out of a bad situation, will not produce true discipleship. It takes a forsaking of all to be Jesus' disciple. Jesus wants us to "count the cost." It is definitely a commitment.

What the Lord has started in you, He will also continue and complete. That is not to say that your success will be automatic; we have to cooperate with what God is wanting to do in our lives. Our faithfulness may always be suspect, but God's faithfulness is never in question. It is always God's will to continue and complete the good work He began in us.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:47 am

here's the devotional for November 17, 2015

Our Life Is Not Our Own

Luke 22:49

When those around Him saw what was going to happen, they said to Him, “Lord, shall we strike with the sword?”

The Lordship of Jesus is one of the central themes of scripture. It is clear that many times the word "Lord," when referring to Jesus, is equivalent to the divine name "Yahweh" or "Jehovah." To acknowledge Jesus as Lord is to acknowledge His deity (John 20:28).

What it means to give Jesus Lordship in our lives, is to recognize His right to rule in our lives, by right of creation (John 1:3) and right of redemption.

"For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s." (1 Corinthians 6:20).

One of the most damaging attitudes of our time is the exaltation of self over others. Personal rights have been promoted at the expense of others. This is not good for society and it is certainly not the way God expects His body to operate.

As Christians, we need to develop a continual awareness that our lives are not our own. We do not have the liberty to do as we please. We should present our body as a living sacrifice unto God, recognizing that this is just our reasonable duty to the one who gave His life for us (Romans 12:1).

The Lordship of Jesus should be the determining factor in every action of a Christian (Romans 14:7-10). Every thought and action should pass the test, "Is this what my Lord Jesus wants me to do or think?" If the answer is not a definite "yes," then it shouldn't be done. "Whatever is not from faith is sin" (Romans 14:23b).

(John 20:28) And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

(John 1:3) All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

(Romans 12:1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.

(Romans 14:7-10) 7 For none of us lives to himself, and no one dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and rose and lived again, that He might be Lord of both the dead and the living. 10 But why do you judge your brother? Or why do you show contempt for your brother? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:34 am

here's the devotional for November 18, 2015

Healing Is An Expression Of God's Mercy

Luke 22:51

But Jesus answered and said, “Permit even this.” And He touched his ear and healed him.

Jesus often healed people by touching them, and others received their healing as they touched Jesus. You can transmit the power or the anointing of God through the laying on of hands (Mark 16:18b; Hebrews 6:2). The virtue of God can even be transmitted to objects and then brought to the person who needs healing or deliverance.

Jesus provided physical healing as well as forgiveness of sins. Many scriptures mention the healing of our bodies in conjunction with the forgiveness of our sins. Healing is an expression of God's love and compassion for our physical man. Healing miracles also draw men to God to get their spiritual needs met. Physical healing acts like a bell to get man's attention so that the Lord can minister to the inner man as well.

Healing has been purchased for us as part of the atonement of Christ. The Lord would no more refuse to heal us than He would refuse to forgive us. That does not mean that we deserve healing - we don't. It is a gift from God, just as salvation is a gift from God ( Romans 6:23b; Ephesians 2:8 ). We don't deserve to have our sins forgiven. We cannot demand salvation from the Lord, but we can expect it. Likewise, healing has been purchased for us through the atonement of Christ. Healing belongs to us, but it is still the mercy of God that provides healing. Every act of healing is an act of mercy.

(Mark 16:18b) “They will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

(Hebrews 6:2) of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment

(Romans 6:23b) but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

( Ephesians 2:8 ) For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:11 am

here's the devotional for November 19, 2015

God's Awesome Power

John 18:5-9

5 They answered Him, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus said to them, “I am He.” And Judas, who betrayed Him, also stood with them. 6 Now when He said to them, “I am He,” they drew back and fell to the ground. 7 Then He asked them again, “Whom are you seeking?” And they said, “Jesus of Nazareth.” 8 Jesus answered, “I have told you that I am He. Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,” 9 that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none.”

It is evident that it was the power of God that made these six hundred men fall backwards to the ground, but why did it happen when He said, "I am He"?

In verses five, six and eight, the word "He" is italicized. That means that the word "He" was not in the original text but was added by the translators to make the sentence grammatically correct. This serves a useful purpose and is very helpful in most cases. However, the translators put these additions in italics so that we could be aware of what the text literally said.

In this instance, Jesus literally said, "I am." Since Jesus was God manifest in the flesh, His statement of "I am," carried just as much weight as when He expressed it to Moses (Exodus 3:14). This is nothing less than the Almighty God releasing His glory through the powerful statement, "I AM." No wonder these men were knocked to the ground.

This graphically illustrates how Jesus could have easily defended Himself against any size army that would come to take His life. As He said in John 10:18, "No one takes it (i.e. His life) from Me, but I lay it down of Myself."

There are many instances recorded in scripture where people fell to the ground as a result of being in God's presence. The same thing still happens today. Just as some people faint when they experience fear, when they experience the awesome presence of God, they become weak, and lose strength in their physical body.

(Exodus 3:14) And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ”
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:14 am

here's the devotional for November 20, 2015

Fight The Battle In The Spirit

John 18:10-11

10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant’s name was Malchus. 11 So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”

It is the apostle John who reveals Peter as the one who cut off the servant's ear and also identifies the servant. It is very doubtful that Peter was aiming for Malchus' ear. It is more probable that he was making a horizontal swing at the servant's head and as the man ducked, Peter cut off his ear.

Peter was very vocal about never denying the Lord, and his actions proved that he meant what he said. There were only two swords among the disciples, yet Peter was willing to take on these six hundred soldiers. This spelled certain death or imprisonment.

Peter wanted to stand with the Lord, but he was not prepared spiritually. He was still strong in his own ability. If the battle would have been in the physical realm, Peter would have fought to the death as he proved here. But when Jesus told Peter to put up his sword and not resist with his physical power, Peter was confused.

Peter only knew how to rely on the flesh. When Jesus refused to allow Peter to fight with his sword, he was defenseless. If he would have been praying with Jesus, as instructed, Peter would have been built up spiritually and able to stand with Jesus spiritually without denying Him. As the prophet Zechariah said, "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, says the LORD of hosts" (Zechariah 4:6b).

Likewise, we may sincerely desire to never deny our Lord, but it takes more than desire; it takes preparation. We all have been taught how to rely on ourselves, but we have to learn anew how to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might (Ephesians 6:10). Just as in the physical realm, where muscles have to be exercised to become strong, so we have to exercise ourselves unto godliness (1 Timothy 4:7).

(Ephesians 6:10) Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

(1 Timothy 4:7) But reject profane and old wives’ fables, and exercise yourself toward godliness.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:23 am

here's the devotional for November 21, 2015

Circumcision Is A Matter Of The Heart

John 18:14

Now it was Caiaphas who advised the Jews that it was expedient that one man should die for the people.

The physical nation of Israel still has a very important part to play in God's plan. They have a prominent role in end-time prophecy. However, the physical nation of Israel has been displaced in importance by the spiritual seed of Abraham, that is the church of Jesus Christ.

Christians are the true circumcised people of God. In Romans 2:28-29, Paul reveals that true circumcision is a matter of the heart, not the flesh, and that true Judaism is through new birth, not physical birth.

In Colossians 2:11, Paul says that spiritual circumcision was done by God without the hands of man. This circumcision, that was made without hands, proves that it was not done in the physical. Paul is referring to the spiritual circumcision of the heart. The sins of our heart were cut away and discarded through the sacrifice of Christ in a similar way that the foreskin is removed from a male. The physical act of circumcision is a picture of the spiritual circumcision that is now a reality in every born-again believer.

The condition of a person's flesh is not the important thing. It doesn't matter if the flesh is circumcised or holy. It is the condition of the spirit that matters with God. Those who put faith in their circumcision to save them are putting confidence in the flesh and not in God. Today, the act of circumcision is not the issue, but acts of holiness are still deemed by many as essential for receiving salvation. That is just as wrong as those in Paul's day who believed that being circumcised granted them salvation.

(Romans 2:28-29) 28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 29 but he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the Spirit, not in the letter; whose praise is not from men but from God.

(Colossians 2:11) In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ
Back to top Go down
ICheer2

YSH Forum Activity Points : 73
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 40

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:09 am

Thank you Adam, I once again loved reading your devotional choice of the day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:36 pm

I'm glad you enjoy them so much, Lacey
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:06 pm

here's the devotional for November 22, 2015

Hide The Word In Your Heart

Matthew 26:75

And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.

There are several Greek words used for "word." The Greek word used here is RHEMA and it literally means, "a spoken word; an utterance, a saying, but specifically a spoken word appropriate for the situation." It's not the Bible lying on your coffee table that makes the enemy flee, but the Word of God hidden in your heart, activated by the power of the Holy Spirit, and spoken in the appropriate situation. It's similar to what Jesus says in John 6:63b, that "the words that I speak to you are spirit and they are life."

The words that we speak from the written Word of God are empowered by the Holy Spirit. The Word by itself doesn't make us free. It is the Word we know and speak that will deliver us (John 8:32).

Why is the Word so effective? Because it is the WORD of God. It has authority, because it is indeed the WORD of God. God's Word supersedes all authority of the church, of reason, of intellect, and even of Satan. That's why it is so effective.

In Luke 4:1-13, when Jesus was tempted of the devil for forty days, it was the Word of God that Jesus used to defeat the enemy at His temptation.

Jesus constantly met His temptation by quoting from God's Word as He repeatedly stated the phrase, "It is written." Likewise, the Christian soldier must avail himself of God's Word by placing it in his heart so that the Holy Spirit may bring it forth at the appropriate time to accomplish a complete and total victory.

(John 8:32) And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

(Luke 4:1-13) 1 Then Jesus, being filled with the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 being tempted for forty days by the devil. And in those days He ate nothing, and afterward, when they had ended, He was hungry. 3 And the devil said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, command this stone to become bread.” 4 But Jesus answered him, saying, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.’ ” 5 Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.” 8 And Jesus answered and said to him, “Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ” 9 Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here. 10 For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you,’ 11 and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ” 12 And Jesus answered and said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ” 13 Now when the devil had ended every temptation, he departed from Him until an opportune time.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:50 pm

here's the devotional for November 23, 2015

The Silence Of The Son

Luke 22:63-64

63 Now the men who held Jesus mocked Him and beat Him. 64 And having blindfolded Him, they struck Him on the face and asked Him, saying, “Prophesy! Who is the one who struck You?”

Here is the account of God's own creation mocking and insulting His Son without Him intervening. The pain that this must have caused the Father defies description.

Those who struck Jesus and told Him to prophesy who it was that struck Him, must have taken Jesus' silence as proof that He was not who He claimed to be.

The natural mind could not conceive that Almighty God would take this kind of abuse from His creation. But this was the plan of God.

Isaiah prophesied that, as a lamb before its shearers is silent (Isaiah 53:7), so Jesus would not open His mouth. Isaiah also mentioned that Jesus "was taken from prison and from judgment" referring to the fact that He was not given a fair trial ( Isaiah 53:8 ). Isaiah went on to prophesy in Isaiah 53:9 that Jesus would make "his grave with the wicked—but with the rich in his death." This was fulfilled when Jesus was crucified between two thieves and buried in a rich man's tomb.

(Isaiah 53:7-9)7 He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His mouth. 8 He was taken from prison and from judgment, and who will declare His generation? For He was cut off from the land of the living; for the transgressions of My people He was stricken. 9 And they made His grave with the wicked—but with the rich at His death, because He had done no violence, nor was any deceit in His mouth.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:02 pm

here's the devotional for November 24, 2015

Prophesy - To Build Up The Body

Luke 22:64

And having blindfolded Him, they struck Him on the face and asked Him, saying, “Prophesy! Who is the one who struck You?”

Teaching and learning in the scriptures, are much more than academic. It involves being guided by God's principles in relationship to others, as well as knowing and responding to God. It calls for the learner to put the Word of God into practice, not just hear it (James 1:22). It involves hearing a word from the outside and putting it on the inside, so that it may be expressed in our every action. Proverbs 2 tells us to incline our ear unto wisdom, apply our heart to understanding, cry after knowledge, lift up our voice for understanding, seek her as silver, search for her like hidden treasures, and then we will understand and find the knowledge of God (Proverbs 2:1-7). God says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6a), and He admonishes us to meditate on His Word day and night that we may observe to do all that is written therein.

All things should be done unto edifying. If those present cannot be taught by what is being done, then it shouldn't be done. Just as with the gift of tongues (that was spoken in the church to benefit everyone) so it is with prophecy. Those who listen will learn and be comforted.

The end result of prophecy is to comfort, encourage, edify, strengthen, exhort, stimulate and help. These should be the guidelines for prophecy within the New Testament church.

We, as believers, are given the sole responsibility in ministry to build others up. This takes place in various ways as we walk in love, promote harmony and peace, and seek the true welfare of others. We must prophesy unto the edifying of the church, and speak things that are good and beneficial to the spiritual progress of others.

(James 1:22) But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

(Proverbs 2:1-7) 1 My son, if you receive my words, and treasure my commands within you, 2 so that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; 3 yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, 4 if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. 6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; 7 he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk uprightly
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:39 pm

here's the devotional for November 25, 2015

Seek Greater Revelation

John 18:20

Jesus answered him, “I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing.”

The truths of God are hidden for His children, not from them. The Holy Spirit has been instructed to teach us all things (John 14:26) and has given us an unction so that we will know all things (1 John 2:20). We only have to appropriate what is ours.

What God desires His New Testament saints to know, that the Old Testament saints could not know, is "Christ in you the hope of glory." The coming of the Messiah was predicted in the Old Testament, but the idea that He would actually dwell in us was beyond anyone's imagination. However, the New Testament is clear that Christ, by the Holy Spirit, takes up permanent residence in all believers. This is a wonderful truth that some fail to fully appreciate. Solomon said at the dedication of the temple, "But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have built?" We could say, "How much less this physical body?" This is truly amazing!

The Lord's commitment to dwell in us and never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5), must be taken as an indication of His great love for us. If we continually thought upon this, with all its implications, how could we ever be lonely or discouraged? We couldn't! Depression and self-pity would cease!

Why would it matter what others thought of us if we truly understood how much Jesus thought of us?

Our attitudes and fears reveal that this revelation of "Christ in us" is not a well-established revelation in most Christians. However, this verse makes it clear that our Father wants to make "the riches of the glory of this mystery" known unto us. We should all be seeking a greater revelation of this truth.

(John 14:26) “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”

(1 John 2:20) But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things.

(Hebrews 13:5) Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:42 pm

here's the devotional for November 26, 2015

Choose To Love

John 18:23

Jesus answered him, “If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?”

God's kind of love is not self-serving or self-seeking. Agape love will cause a person to lay down his life for another, (John 15:13) because he has literally forgotten himself. Many times when heros are asked why they put themselves in jeopardy to save someone else, they reply that they didn't even think about themselves. All they thought of was the danger to the other person. That's God's kind of love.

God's type of love involves emotions many times, but it is not an emotion. It is an act of the will. We can choose to love even when we don't feel like it and we can always conduct ourselves in a godly manner, when we feel God's kind of love. God's kind of love is a choice.

God's kind of love is also the antidote to selfishness and pride. We cannot conquer self by focusing on self. The only way to win over self is to fall in love with God more than with yourself. It is in discovering God's love that we lose self-love.

Jesus didn't feel some emotional sensation when He chose to die for us, but that was the greatest demonstration of God's kind of love that the world has ever seen. He made a choice in spite of His emotions. Because He was consumed with God's love, He acted properly, even when His emotions didn't agree.

Jesus is the ultimate example of God's kind of love.

(John 15:13) “Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.”
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:56 pm

here's the devotional for November 27, 2015

The Sword Is The Word

John 18:33-37

33 Then Pilate entered the Praetorium again, called Jesus, and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?” 34 Jesus answered him, “Are you speaking for yourself about this, or did others tell you this concerning Me?” 35 Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?” 36 Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.” 37 Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

Christ's kingdom is spiritual, in the hearts of men - not physical; therefore, our fight as Christians must not be with carnal weapons but with spiritual weapons (2 Corinthians 10:3-5). Spiritual forces cannot be defeated with human weapons.

When we are being attacked for being a part of Christ's kingdom, we must fight with spiritual weapons. Our warfare is not against people, but against the spiritual powers that operate behind the scenes through people. We must realize who the real enemy is and fight with the spiritual weapons the Lord has given us.

We often think that anger will put a person in his place. But "the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God" (James 1:20). Anger displayed against people puts us right into the hand of the devil. The way to overcome the spiritual powers that come against us through people is to turn the other cheek (Matthew 5:39). That makes the demons flee in terror.

One of the main weapons the Apostle Paul speaks of is the Gospel, which is the Sword of the Spirit, (the Word of God). It's the Word backed by God's Spirit that can pull down and crush the strongholds of Satan.

Every Christian is at war. There is a perpetual struggle against Satan and his kingdom from which there are no "leaves" or "discharges." Our enemy goes about as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour ( 1 Peter 5:8 ). Those who resist the devil will see him flee (James 4:7). The only ones whom he devours are those who don't actively fight against him.

(2 Corinthians 10:3-5) 3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ

(Matthew 5:39) “But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.”

( 1 Peter 5:8 ) Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

(James 4:7) Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Back to top Go down
ICheer2

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:09 am

When I read this Devotional I think of all the men and women who lay down their lives in the military, and give the ultimate sacrifice for our Country.
I also find it sad that they are not a priority with the current President we have have.

Great Devotional Adam, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:44 pm

here's the devotional for November 28, 2015

What Is A Miracle?

Luke 23:8

Now when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceedingly glad; for he had desired for a long time to see Him, because he had heard many things about Him, and he hoped to see some miracle done by Him.

Herod desired to see Jesus perform some kind of miracle, and some of the questions he asked Jesus made this desire obvious. However, Jesus did not use His faith to do any miracles for Herod.

Miracles are God's way of meeting the needs of those who seek Him in faith. Miracles will sometimes be used to demonstrate God's ability so that people may believe (Mark 2:10-11), but they will not happen to skeptics who are tempting God (Luke 4:9-12).

A miracle is a supernatural intervention of God's power over natural law.

Healings occur within the boundaries of natural law while miracles are not limited to natural law. A person with a high fever who receives prayer and then begins to recover is experiencing a healing. The Lord intervened but in natural ways. The virus, infection, or whatever was rebuked left the body (Luke 4:39) and then the natural healing process that the Lord built into all of us took over. When something totally supernatural happens, that's a miracle. When Jesus reattached the servant's ear and it was instantly whole after Peter cut it off (Luke 22:51), demonstrated a miracle. It was also a healing, but it was a miraculous healing.

Feeding the five thousand (Matthew 14:19-20), walking on the water (Matthew 14:25), translating a ship and all aboard to the other side of the sea (John 6:21) - all these are miracles. Miracles are usually instantaneous whereas healings are sometimes gradual.

The Lord has never had anyone who was qualified working for Him. It's by God's grace that He uses any of us. Anyone who claims to be used of God because of his great holiness is either deceived or a deceiver. It's our faith in the grace of God that allows miracles to flow through us.

(Mark 2:10-11) 10But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins”—He said to the paralytic, 11“I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house.”

(Luke 4:9-12) 9 Then he brought Him to Jerusalem, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down from here. 10 For it is written: ‘He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you,’ 11 and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.’ ” 12 And Jesus answered and said to him, “It has been said, ‘You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’ ”

(Luke 4:39) So He stood over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. And immediately she arose and served them.

(Luke 22:51) But Jesus answered and said, “Permit even this.” And He touched his ear and healed him.

(Matthew 14:19-20) 19 Then He commanded the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples; and the disciples gave to the multitudes. 20 So they all ate and were filled, and they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments that remained.

(Matthew 14:25) Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea.

(John 6:21) Then they willingly received Him into the boat, and immediately the boat was at the land where they were going.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:55 am

here's the devotional for November 29, 2015

Jesus - The Name Above Names

Luke 23:9

Then he questioned Him with many words, but He answered him nothing.

Not only does Jesus' refusal to defend Himself show His humility, but His refraining from venting His wrath against the man who senselessly killed His friend who was the greatest of the Old Testament prophets (Matthew 11:11), also displays His humble nature.

Because of Christ's humility and obedience to the Father, God gave Him a name that is above every name in heaven, earth and under the earth. There is no exemption for anyone or anything from coming under the Lordship of Jesus. He is Lord of ALL.

Jesus has not only been exalted above every "being" that has a name, but He is also highly exalted above anything else that can be named. If you can put a name on it, Jesus is above it. Sickness, poverty, depression, anger - everything has to bow its knee to the Lordship of Jesus.

Every knee of men, angels, and demons will bow and confess that Jesus is Lord. Those who have denied His existence will bow in worship. Those who have spent their lives rebelling His authority will finally bow in submission.

Every being from all ages will ultimately bow and worship Jesus. If we bow our knee to His Lordship now, we will enjoy a wonderful life here on earth, and an eternity in His blessings hereafter. Those who deny His rightful claim to the Lordship of their lives will suffer for it in this life as well as in the next. They still will have to bow their knee to His authority, so there is nothing to gain and everything to lose if they refuse to make Jesus Lord of their life.

(Matthew 11:11) “Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.”

Last edited by Adam_G on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:32 pm

here's the devotional for November 30, 2015

You're Not Alone In Persecution

Luke 23:11

Then Herod, with his men of war, treated Him with contempt and mocked Him, arrayed Him in a gorgeous robe, and sent Him back to Pilate.

All of Christ's sufferings did not end when He finished His earthly ministry.

He still takes the persecution of His people personally as is revealed by His statement to Saul on the road to Damascus: "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" He didn't ask Paul why he was persecuting His people. He said, "Why are you persecuting Me?" When we are persecuted for righteousness' sake, it is actually Christ who is being persecuted.

One of the most trying aspects of persecution is the feeling that God has forsaken you. "If God wanted to, He could stop the persecution, right? Therefore, He doesn't care." That's the way the devil tries to make us think.

However, the Lord is with you in persecution. If you remember this, it will keep you from being discouraged when persecution comes.

True Christianity is exactly the opposite of the whole-world system. We are heading in a selfless direction, while the world is consumed with self. Jesus teaches us to love, while the world is full of hate. We are suppose to turn the other cheek, while the world takes opportunities to hurt us. The world and Christianity are in conflict. The only reason a Christian would not suffer persecution is if he is heading in the same direction as an unbeliever. When we go God's way, we will bump into the devil.

Christ is still suffering persecution today when His people are persecuted.

He will continue to do so until the establishment of His physical kingdom.

Last edited by Adam_G on Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:43 pm

December 1st, where has the year gone? but anyway, here's the devotional for December 1, 2015

Pilate Violates The Truth

Matthew 27:17

Therefore, when they had gathered together, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release to you? Barabbas, or Jesus who is called Christ?”

Although Pilate knew that Jesus was innocent, he looked for some diplomatic way to release Jesus that would not cause him to lose popularity with the Jewish leaders. This is why he sent Jesus to Herod. He hoped that Herod would pass judgment on Jesus and save him the trouble.

When that scheme failed, Pilate drew on an old custom of releasing a prisoner to the people at the feast. He gave them a choice between Jesus, who he knew was innocent, and Barabbas, who was a murderer. Pilate thought that the crowd would certainly choose Jesus. However, through the insistence of the chief priests and scribes, the people chose Barabbas to be released.

Pilate was now out of ideas as to how to let Jesus go, and still save face with the Jews, so he condemned Jesus to death. Pilate violated what he knew to be true in his heart because of a fear of men (Proverbs 29:25) and what he thought they might do to him. Without the chief priests' cooperation, he ran the risk of unrest among the Jews, and possible punishment by Caesar for failing to govern well.

As it turned out, Pilate was deposed anyway, just a few years later by Tiberius Caesar, and died in exile in Gaul in A.D. 41. At the most, Pilate gained a five-year extension of his troubled rule, and damned his soul in the process. What a person compromises to keep, he'll lose. Sin is never worth the price.

(Proverbs 29:25) The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:32 pm

here's the devotional for December 2, 2015

Religious Pride Brings Dissension

Mark 15:10

For he knew that the chief priests had handed Him over because of envy.

The Jews were God's chosen people and therefore, God's representatives on earth. Yet, they lied and condemned an innocent man to death. Pilate could see that their real motivation for wanting Jesus dead was envy. They were doing all their religious works to be seen of men, and were upset that Jesus was getting more recognition than they were. If these Jews would have thought about what type of witness they were giving, even they would have known that their actions were not inspired by God.

We should remember that we are God's witnesses on earth, or as Paul said, "You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men" (2 Corinthians 3:2). Judging our actions in the light of, "What kind of witness will this give to others?" will help us discern whether or not we are being led of God.

The chief priests had deceived themselves and other religious people into believing that they were condemning Jesus for godly reasons, but even an ungodly ruler like Pilate could see through their lies. Religious bondage blinds people to the truth even more than sin does.

These rulers wanted to retain their power and authority, so they fought against the power and authority of Jesus. This is still the same today. Men use doctrinal issues to disguise the real issue. The truth is that, "By pride comes nothing but strife" (Proverbs 13:10a). People who love to have the preeminence (3 John 9) are usually the instigators of persecution.

(3 John 9) I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to have the preeminence among them, does not receive us.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:46 pm

here's the devotional for December 3, 2015

One In Spirit

Matthew 27:18

For he knew that they had handed Him over because of envy.

Many problems arise from envy. James said, "For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there." (James 3:16). Envy and strife go hand in hand and open the door to the devil to do anything he desires, in our life. Some people would never give place to the devil through confessing the wrong things, yet through envy, they give the enemy freedom to do his worst. God's kind of love is not envious or jealous because it doesn't seek it's own, but seeks the welfare of others. Envy is an indication of self-centeredness.

The Apostle Paul had some opponents who were just like many people who sow strife today. They are against everything and critical of the way those in authority handle things. They make big statements about what they would do if they were in authority, but it's all talk. They haven't proven themselves successful in managing even the smallest things, yet they want to be put in charge of big things, just based on their talk. This is not the system of advancement that Jesus advocates (Matthew 25:21; Luke 16:11-12; Luke 19:17).

The Lord has united every born-again Christian by baptizing us all into the body of Christ. This is already a reality. Like it or not, want it or not, every Christian is completely one in spirit with every other Christian.

Failure to function as one, in our relationships with other believers means someone is not flowing in the Spirit. Our flesh is the part of us that gets in strife with other believers. As we operate in the Spirit more and more, we will come more and more into unity with our brothers and sisters in Christ.

(Matthew 25:21) “His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.’ ”

(Luke 16:11-12) 11 “Therefore if you have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? 12 And if you have not been faithful in what is another man’s, who will give you what is your own?”

(Luke 19:17) “And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant; because you were faithful in a very little, have authority over ten cities.’ ”
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:08 pm

here's the devotional for December 4, 2015

Pilate Condemns Jesus

Matthew 27:24

When Pilate saw that he could not prevail at all, but rather that a tumult was rising, he took water and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, “I am innocent of the blood of this just Person. You see to it.”

This washing of the hands was not only a symbolic custom of the day that showed innocence, but was also a ritual prescribed in the Jewish law (Deuteronomy 21:6-7; Psalm 26:6).

Matthew is the only writer to record Pilate washing his hands of guilt, just as he was the only writer to record Pilate's wife coming to him with the details of the dream she had about Jesus. Secular accounts record her name as Claudia. She is the only one who spoke for, instead of against Jesus' life during the trial.

This dream, no doubt came from God, since Claudia would have had to dream it before she knew of Jesus being brought to Pilate. Not only did the Lord bare witness in Pilate's heart to the innocence of Jesus, but He also gave Pilate's wife a very clear message through this dream. Pilate was not innocent in this matter. Together, these instances underscore that Pilate did not innocently condemn Jesus to death. Pilate will be trying to wash the blood of Jesus off his hands throughout eternity.

Just as God was faithful to show even Pilate the truth in this situation, we can be assured that every person who has ever rejected Jesus has done it in spite of the conviction of the Holy Spirit in his heart (Romans 1:18-20).

(Deuteronomy 21:6-7) 6 And all the elders of that city nearest to the slain man shall wash their hands over the heifer whose neck was broken in the valley. 7 Then they shall answer and say, ‘Our hands have not shed this blood, nor have our eyes seen it.’

(Psalm 26:6) I will wash my hands in innocence; so I will go about Your altar, O Lord

(Romans 1:18-20) 18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

PostSubject: Re: Daily Devotionals   Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:22 am

here's the devotional for December 5, 2015

Jesus Freed Us From Sin

Luke 23:18

And they all cried out at once, saying, “Away with this Man, and release to us Barabbas”

What happened to Barabbas is a picture of what happens when a person is born again. Barabbas was guilty; Jesus was innocent. Yet Jesus suffered the death that Barabbas should have experienced, and Barabbas went free.

Likewise, we were all guilty (Romans 3:23) and condemned to death (Romans 6:23), yet Jesus suffered our punishment so that we may go free (2 Corinthians 5:21). Just as Barabbas didn't ask for this substitution, so "God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" ( Romans 5:8 ).

Barabbas was freed, but he had to choose whether or not to accept this new start and remain free, or go back to his old ways and come under the judgment of Rome again. Likewise, we have all been freed through the substitutionary death of Jesus, but we have to choose whether to accept our freedom by putting faith in Jesus or to reject it, by denying Him.

Our death to sin and resurrection to life with Christ, is already a reality in our spirits but will only become a physical reality when we know and believe it. In the same way that Jesus died unto sin once, and death no longer has dominion over Him, the person who recognizes their death with Christ unto sin, will not allow sin to rule over him anymore. Any Christian who is struggling with sin has not recognized that they are dead unto sin.

(Romans 3:23) for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

(Romans 6:23) For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(2 Corinthians 5:21) For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.
Back to top Go down
ICheer2

PostSubject: Thank you Adam   Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:17 pm

I really enjoyed reading the last 3 days Adam, thank you again  Very Happy  Very Happy    
Back to top Go down

Daily Devotionals
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next