YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum and chat room for kids, teens, and young adults

HomeHome  EventsEvents  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FacebookFacebook  
Welcome to Youth Safe Haven forum, and our Discord chat room.
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday mom!!
Yesterday at 7:09 pm by xPoonDogg2003x

» Which holiday is your favorite?
Yesterday at 6:39 pm by xPoonDogg2003x

» Topic'it - our forum mobile app
Yesterday at 4:15 pm by Volleygirl

» 13 year olds and up, food for thought
Yesterday at 8:06 am by Princess*_*Mackenzie

» Invisible Option in Chat room to be removed
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:27 am by Princess*_*Mackenzie

» Discord Connectivity Issue On Friday The 13th......!
Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:32 pm by Ḳëäġäṅ

» Monday Oct 9th trivia
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm by Silver_1

» Hi I'm Jaden
Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:38 pm by Ḳëäġäṅ

» HAPPY 15 RYKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:14 am by Jamie1975

Top posting users this month
Silver_1

Ḳëäġäṅ

xPoonDogg2003x

Jamie1975

JaKoB

<__-)SwAGgYAVERY(-__>

Princess*_*Mackenzie

liv_n_the_lyfe

CaNdY~SpRiNkLeS

//Austyn/

Most active topic starters
JaKoB

Silver_1

Ryan

Rhiannon

Jamie1975

Colton

Adam_G

liv_n_the_lyfe

Dolphin Kicker

/*Hunter*/

Share | 

Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 701
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 366

PostSubject: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:21 pm

In our class today at NIU, the "Game of 72" was discussed which is going on in France with some teenagers. I wanted to share this with all of you in case you have not heard of it, or have younger brothers or sisters.
This is a game where a person will disappear for 3 days and not tell anyone where they are going.
Please DO NOT DO THIS, it will be a matter of time before teens in the United States try it.
It is not only very dangerous if you are out there alone with no way for anyone to contact you if you need help, but it will cause a lot people to worry about you, and if it involves the police having to search for you, this could be considered a legal issue in some States (Please see news release below)

Moral panics amidst French media reports of kids disappearing for three days in “Game of 72”

The French English-language news site, The Local, is reporting about a supposed game where “teenagers have come up with a new Facebook challenge that dares them disappear without a trace for up to three days without contacting their family.” The site reports that a 13-year old girl named Emma from northern France went missing for three days but turned up safe. The site says that the girl reported told authority that she had taken on a dare to play the “Game of 72” (as in disappearing for 72 hours). The site said that French authorities have been unable to find actual Facebook postings about the game. Fears are spreading even if the game isn’t While the extent to which the game actually exist remains in doubt, that hasn’t stopped police authorities and media outlets from raising alarms.  The Canadian Global News site reports that police in Vancouver, BC are warning parents about the game, which, according to the site, requires that kids not “tell anyone where they are and the more mayhem and panic that is caused, the more points that teen is awarded.” Vancouver police are not aware of any actual cases of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com
Austyn

YSH Forum Activity Points : 7
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 0

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:07 pm

That is pretty scary to think someone would do that, but if it is like Thin Man, or any of those type of things kids think they need to do, it will happen here too.
Back to top Go down
Angel Heart

YSH Forum Activity Points : 76
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 22

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:28 pm

I can think of at least 4 girls in my school that would do something like that, they are the followers and not the leaders. I think schools and parents need to be made aware of this so called game, and also the police need to make some sort of penalty if someone does something like this.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 701
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 366

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:47 pm

I understand that completely Amber, it is just now getting to us over in the States about this game, so how long it has been going on over in France we do not know for sure. It does seem though, from all reports that a good number of teenagers are doing this.

I have posted in our forum, as well as another forum Rhiannon and I participate in, so maybe we can all get the word out.

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com
Cheergirl2002

YSH Forum Activity Points : 56
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 13

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:01 pm

This is the first that I have heard of this game. I would never do something like that to my parents or friends, I always tell my parents where I am going, and to go someplace alone without anyone knowing where you are is just plain stupid. I hope most people are smart enough not to do this game.
Back to top Go down
JaKoB
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 2165
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:56 am

I don't know why anyone would think that doing that is a game. It's not only dangerous, it's taking a big chance that you be safe and able to come home in 72 hours. A pedo could be setting this up on Facebook.

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com/
CheeringChic98

YSH Forum Activity Points : 16
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 2

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:41 am

This is a really stupid game these kids are playing. I hope most kids are smart enough to avoid it.
By the way Ryan, you look very nice dressed up
Back to top Go down
CuddleBear

YSH Forum Activity Points : 94
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 23

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:28 pm

I would not even give something like that a thought, and you are right, this is not a game, and whoever started that making it sound like a game is wrong. This is serious stuff taking off like that and not telling anyone.  But I have to admit, I can think of a couple in my school that would be dumb enough to do it.
Back to top Go down
Kodie

YSH Forum Activity Points : 26
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 11

PostSubject: Re: Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"   Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Figures this would show up on Facebook, come one now, this is no Ice Bucket Challenge, this game as they call it is going to cause a lot of serious problems for the kids doing this and their families.
Back to top Go down

Kids Disappearing for 3 days in "Game of 72"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1