YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum and chat room for kids, teens, and young adults

Temptation as a teenager

~Gabriella~

YSH Forum Activity Points : 122
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 102

Temptation as a teenager

Post by ~Gabriella~ on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:12 pm

All of us feel tempted, hormones, peer pressure, it is hard not to give in, and some of us do, not all of us fall headfirst, but some do. Here is a prayer I have found that may help you guys too when those pressures or feelings of temptation happen.

“Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow” (James 1:2-3).

Heavenly Father, I know You are strong. I need help right now, because I am being tempted to join activities that I know are not good or appropriate for me. Give me strength to say ‘no thanks’ to this pressure. Help me to find something else to keep myself busy in place of the activities my peers want me to participate in. You are my strength in this, Lord. I thank You Heavenly Father for understanding all the temptations that face teenagers today, and what it takes to refrain from being lured in the wrong direction. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Rhiannon
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 361
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 185

Re: Temptation as a teenager

Post by Rhiannon on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:26 pm

I think if more kids learned this at an early age, and started practicing it at an early age, by the time they got to be a teenager, it would become very easy to resist those pressures.

Very good post Gabriella.

Current date/time is Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:54 pm