YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum for teens and young adults to meet other people from around the world. Share photo's, creativity, and make some new friends. To chat, click on connect at the bottom of the DIscord box

EventsHomeFAQSearchCalendarRegisterLog inFacebook
Welcome to Youth Safe Haven forum, and our Discord chat room.

Share | 

Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JáḰbáĺĺéŕ
Youth Safe Haven Founder
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 1791
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 1134

PostSubject: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 am

Something has  bothered me for awhile, and in the last week it became so bad that I felt i needed to get it out my chest, not only did I go off on some friends an hour ago, I am going to post how I feel here, amd hope at least people think about it.

Why do people feel that they have to only be friends with people that fit in with the popular crowd, and ignore other people because it may not be cool to be seen with them, or they are not as popular or have different beliefs than the rest of us do?

I am popular, did I get that way with a $700 phone and always wearing Under Armour, or $175 shoes? No I got that way because I am a nice person who does not judge other people, or who does not chose friends only because other people may feel they fit in.  

Maybe we should start thinking that other people have feelings, and stop doing things or treating people different just because some people may think its not cool, or they think you should not hang around with someone because he is weird or different.

Tomorrow in school I am going to write this and put it in our school newspaper, you can all call me uncool, or make rumors because I am friends with people you do not think are cool, or do not fit in.

I am sick of this in our school, and what I see when I talk to certain people, maybe lets think about feelings other people have and forget about doing things to only impress other people, can we just be ourselves and treat other people with respect and be nice to them?  

Distinguished Members (VIP)

YSH Forum Activity Points : 110
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 58

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:38 am

I am so proud of you right now Jakob, very well spoken.

I know many that are older than you could learn if they thought about what you just wrote here.

Be very proud of the type of person you are Jakob, I know all of your brothers, and I are.
Back to top Go down
Silver_1
Top Monthly Forum Poster
Top Monthly Forum Poster

YSH Forum Activity Points : 611
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 49

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:18 am

Jakob...Great Post...!

Glad U Let Off Some Steam...!

If U Get Even One Person To Change Their Attitude in Life, U've Done a Miraculous Job...!

Last edited by Silver_1 on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChiCub03

YSH Forum Activity Points : 34
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 51

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:21 pm

I really like what you wrote Jakob Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Baserunner_Chic
Youth Ambassador
Youth Ambassador

YSH Forum Activity Points : 403
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 362

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:24 pm

Jakob, you said what needed to be said here, and I hope you do actually go through with this in the school newspaper tomorrow, at least one boy has the courage to stand up for what he feels is the right thing to do.

I feel very special knowing I have you as a friend. I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
~Gabriella~

YSH Forum Activity Points : 121
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 102

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:29 pm

Jakob, MARRY ME Very Happy I so wish many more guys were like you, most are nice for one reason, to see how far they can go, or to benefit them-self, but you are different, your parents and family should be very proud of you.
Back to top Go down
http://ilsmonline.org
Adorable Goblin

YSH Forum Activity Points : 83
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 95

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:56 pm

cheers  cheers  cheers  cheers  For Jakob!@!  
Back to top Go down
Glam_Gurl

YSH Forum Activity Points : 106
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 109

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:59 pm

Jakob, the next time I see you I want to give you the biggest hug, thank you for being who you are.
Back to top Go down
More2luv

YSH Forum Activity Points : 85
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 90

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:03 pm

for a 7th grader who is 13, you kick ass Jakob, the friends you got are lucky to have you as a friend.
Back to top Go down
Trumpet Teen
Chat Room Moderator
Chat Room Moderator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 451
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:07 pm

You are going to shake things up a lot tomorrow Jakob, but you got about 10 of us right behind you in case anyone gives you a problem.
Back to top Go down
RaiderRebel
Youth Ambassador
Youth Ambassador

YSH Forum Activity Points : 143
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 141

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:14 pm

Jakob, I am one of the ten that will be there right with you, this needed to be said a long time ago but people were afraid they might "upset" someone, mostly the people guilty of thinking they are better than anyone else.
!!GO RAIDERS!!
Back to top Go down
Adam_G

YSH Forum Activity Points : 688
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 411

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:44 pm

there are people my age and older that don't have that much wisdom, Jakob, makes me proud to call you my brother
Back to top Go down
Dolphin Kicker
*Member of the Month*
*Member of the Month*

YSH Forum Activity Points : 326
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 211

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:47 pm

Jakob, you are more like Ryan than any of the rest of us in this family, and that's a good thing. We all are proud of you for so many reasons, being the youngest but stepping up and standing up for things most adults would be hesitant to do.

I think tomorrow you may be surprised, because I got this feeling the majority of those kids in the junior high will be 100 percent behind you as far as how you feel.    

Chat Room Administrator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 470
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 324

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Very well said Jakob  Very Happy  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rhiannon
Youth Safe Haven Founder
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 330
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 168

PostSubject: Re: Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?    Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:51 am

Jakob,

You have a great way of getting your point across, and I really hope everyone stops to think about what you wrote in your post.

Both Ryan and I are very proud of you sweetie.

Do we really have to try and impress by being someone we are not?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
YOUTH SAFE HAVEN :: YOUTH OPEN DISCUSSION BOARD :: General Discussions -Say anything thread-
Jump to: