YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum and chat room for kids, teens, and young adults

HomeHome  EventsEvents  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  CalendarCalendar  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  FacebookFacebook  
Latest topics
» In love and it feels great
Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 am by 01_Canuck_01

» Interesting guests visit us
Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:55 am by Silver_1

» 2017 Thanksgiving Center Pic & Banner
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm by <__-)SwAGgYAVERY(-__>

» My name is Josh
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:19 pm by <__-)SwAGgYAVERY(-__>

» Saturday Trivia Game on 18th of November
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:46 am by Silver_1

» Discord Issue 11.18.17
Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:01 pm by JaKoB

» Thanksgiving name & born
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 pm by Silver_1

» NIU Video's - game November 15
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:11 pm by Silver_1

» Invisible Option in the Chat Room
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:39 pm by Silver_1

Top posting users this month
Silver_1

JaKoB

bruh._.its._.Talyn

Jamie1975

CaNdY~SpRiNkLeS

liv_n_the_lyfe

@Crusader@

<__-)SwAGgYAVERY(-__>

{Sporty_Gurl}

Baserunner_Chic

Most active topic starters
JaKoB

Silver_1

Ryan

Rhiannon

Jamie1975

Colton

Adam_G

Dolphin Kicker

liv_n_the_lyfe

/*Hunter*/

Weather

Share | 

The story of Youth Safe Haven - out history

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ryan
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 701
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 366

PostSubject: The story of Youth Safe Haven - out history   Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:37 pm

As we approach our one year anniversary in August, I thought I would give you all the history of how Youth Safe Haven was created, and why we created our forum and chat room.

Last year, unbeknownst to my mom, my siblings, or myself, the youngest member of our family, Jakob, who was 12 at the time decided he was going to go in a few chat rooms. Needless to say, a chat room unmonitored is not the safest place for a blond haired boy of 12 to be in, without someone supervising the other members inside the chat room.
After getting several inappropriate private messages, which we were told about, Jakob’s chat room participation came to an abrupt halt.

Later, after talking to some of his friends, Jakob told me that many kids his age, and some older had similar experiences, whether it be chat rooms online, or gaming sites with other players. Jakob said “it would be nice to have a place where we could go online, and chat to other kids from Illinois, and even have a place to post pictures, and put on music we like. But it would have to be safe or my friends parents would not let them go there”.
It was then that Rhiannon, my friend Adam, Jakob and I, decided to create our own site, a place where kids could go have fun, talk to their friends, and be safe. So, what better way to insure a safe forum and chat room, then to create it ourselves.

So together, we decided upon the name, and Youth Safe Haven was created and put online on August 2nd, 2015, at 7:25 pm.

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com
Silver_1
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member

YSH Forum Activity Points : 759
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 49

PostSubject: Re: The story of Youth Safe Haven - out history   Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:55 pm

Well, Even Though I Appear To Be One Of The Oldest Peeps Here, It Looks To Be A Great Success...!

Most Members Seem To Be Well Behaved & Respectful Of others...!

One Is Truly Glad U Created It & Allowed Me The Privilege Of Joining...!

Looking Forward to Many More Years...!

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Soccerbabe

YSH Forum Activity Points : 38
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 12

PostSubject: Re: The story of Youth Safe Haven - out history   Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:18 pm

Having been a Moderator here in the beginning, I think the creation of Youth Safe Haven has benefited a lot of kids and teens.
Although I am not that active as in my posting a lot, I do check the forum a lot, and enjoy reading what many of you post here.

I think Jakob should have been listed as a founder from the beginning, but I am happy he is listed with Ryan and Rhiannon now.
Back to top Go down
Lucas

YSH Forum Activity Points : 212
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 113

PostSubject: Re: The story of Youth Safe Haven - out history   Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:04 pm

Plain and simple, Youth Safe Haven saved my life. After being abused and feeling helpless, I wandered into this site one night because some kids at the junior high were talking about it. I was on the verge of suicide at that time of my life, I just had not decided when to end it. But I checked this site out, and the first thing I saw were the bold yellow numbers under the youth help section, and after deciding I had no place else to turn, I called one of them.

That decision to make that call is why I am here today, along with the words of encouragement, and help from Ryan and Rhiannon.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The story of Youth Safe Haven - out history   

Back to top Go down

The story of Youth Safe Haven - out history
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1