Share | 

13 year olds and up, food for thought

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eeenie_Buns

YSH Forum Activity Points : 81
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 86

PostSubject: 13 year olds and up, food for thought   Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:08 am

I hear a lot here, so wanted to share the fact that sex is not some game as it is portrayed in the movies, responsibility comes with it, as in this story below.

Woman charged with sexual assault after 13 year old fathers child
REMONT, Neb. (WOWT) -- A sexual assault case involving an adult accused of conceiving a child with a minor is now moving through the court system in Fremont, Nebraska.

Josh Hazelrig, at just 15-years-old, is the father of a toddler. At 13-years old, Josh became a father. He met the then 19-year-old mother during a sleepover at a friend’s house. Well below the age of consent, Josh is a sexual assault victim.
“I was 13 and there was alcohol supplied, so I was not in the right state of mind,” he said. "I know what sex is, but I never thought of the risk of not using a condom. I was never thinking about the risk of having a child."
The child's mother is 21-year- old Brianne McIntosh. She’s been charged with felony first degree sexual assault and child abuse. Dodge County Attorney Oliver Glass says he'll prosecute the sexual assault case like any other case.
"You hear the jokes, ‘oh good for him’ and that kind of stuff, but no, the trauma for either sex can be real and therapy may be needed,” said Glass. "It’s the first case I can recall that I've had where the sexes had been reversed.”
Barely a teenager, Josh has adult responsibilities. While most 15-year-old boys are out camping or swimming, Josh is performing fatherly duties like changing diapers.
Josh’s mother Kim Hazelrig said even though she can see the love and care her son gives his son, she wants justice. Kim wants the justice system to treat him as a victim of statutory rape.
"I think it was a manipulative game played on a then 13 year old boy and just because it’s a boy does not mean she should walk away from a crime,” Kim said.
The 17-month-old toddler is now a ward of the state placed with Kim and Josh.
“I love my child but it’s kind of overwhelming sometimes and that's why I have my family here to help me,” he said.
Josh is learning to be a dad when most kids his age think about a learners permit.
McIntosh is now 21 and faces two felonies that could put her in prison for up to 50 years. She does have supervised visitation.
Back to top Go down
Princess*_*Mackenzie

YSH Forum Activity Points : 19
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 16

PostSubject: Re: 13 year olds and up, food for thought   Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:06 am

It sounds like Josh was being used by this older woman, very sad, it messed up his life pretty good now.
Back to top Go down

13 year olds and up, food for thought
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1