Weather

Counter

freevisitorcounters

Share | 

Vampires vs werewolves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Vampires vs werewolves    Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:37 pm

so because reasons ive decided to share with you all the rough draft for the essay Im writing for English. Hope you all enjoy Smile

Alex
9/29/16
Vampires Vs Werewolves
Two hunters of the night, humans corrupted into beast, yet they remain distinct from each other. Vampires who stalk the night hunting for human blood and then there are the dreaded werewolves who prey when the moon is full. These mythical beasts have much in common in the way they live the way they are killed and where they come from. However like all things they are not the same. So how do these terrors of the night compare to each other?
Both the vampires and the werewolves are night hunters that prey on living humans. The werewolf shape shifts into a half man-half wolf monster on a full moon. A werewolf can learn to control his wolf form but at the beginning it is uncontrolled and chaotic. The vampires have a much more stealthy approach normally going after their victims while they sleep. To become a vampire you must take in their blood while werewolves spread by bite. Vampires are hurt by the sun while werewolves are not. A vampire is technically undead while a werewolf is a cursed human. Overall how they act and behave is not that similar.  
Both of these monsters can be slowed down deterred or even killed. Slowing down or deterring a vampire is considerably more simple then trying to slow down a werewolf.  Sunlight can severally weaken or even kill a vampire. A werewolf will never be seen during the day, only on a full moon will one appear. Religious signs such as a cross will keep both a werewolf and a vampire away. Garlic will keep a vampire away while a werewolf can be kept away with wolfs bane. When werewolves are touched by silver they burn and are able to be killed by silver. Vampires can be hurt by silver but it takes more to kill them. A vampire can be killed by cutting off their heads, wooden stake though the heart, being burned by fire, or exposed to sunlight for too long. Werewolves can be killed without using silver but it takes a while seeing as how durable they are. Overall werewolves are harder to kill but vampires are easier to keep away.
The idea of vampires originated in Eastern Europe where tells of them were embellished and made popular. There is also the idea of Dracula being the original vampire, cursed by the devil himself. The earliest accounts of werewolves come from Greek literature. Werewolves were said to come from Zeus changing King Lycaeon into a werewolf. Later Lycaeon came to enjoy the taste of human. Zeus grew angry with the vile behavior and removed him later bringing his son back to life. The story morphed into the werewolves we know today.
In conclusion the vampires and the werewolves have much in common but they are two different ideas. They also have a lot in common which is interesting seeing as they were created by completely different places. Two completely different legends created in two completely different areas are so similar. Looking at how similar legends are even though they were created separately. This has been the difference of vampires and werewolves.  

Back to top Go down
second_son_da_great
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 604
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 500

PostSubject: Re: Vampires vs werewolves    Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:35 pm

A cursed human, I can think of a certain girl here fits that description. Remind me to carry around a supply of wolf bane if I am ever around Courtney.
Back to top Go down
JaKoB
Youth Safe Haven Owner
Youth Safe Haven Owner

YSH Forum Activity Points : 2349
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 1472

PostSubject: Re: Vampires vs werewolves    Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:37 pm

To me vampires have more class, more style, and I think werewolves are way too barbaric acting.

Great essay Alex!!

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com/
Silver_1
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member

YSH Forum Activity Points : 780
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 49

PostSubject: Re: Vampires vs werewolves    Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:32 pm

After U Do Some Proof-Reading & Some Fine Tuning, U'll Have A Good Story There, Alex...!

Next, U Should Research Warlocks...!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires vs werewolves    

Back to top Go down

Vampires vs werewolves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
YOUTH SAFE HAVEN :: YOUTH OPEN DISCUSSION BOARD :: General Discussions -Say anything thread-
Jump to: