Adam_G

Dolphin Kicker

second_son_da_great

/*Hunter*/

Weather

Counter

freevisitorcounters

Share | 

Roblox - parents warned about dangerous online game that children are obsessed with

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Colton
Chat Room Administrator
Chat Room Administrator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 559
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 397

PostSubject: Roblox - parents warned about dangerous online game that children are obsessed with   Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:29 pm

Something I read and wanted to share, I know we have younger members.

As with anything, chatting, gaming, use common sense and be careful, and you will not have a problem.

Worried parents have expressed concerns over a dangerous online game which allows strangers to send messages to their children.

Roblox, which markets itself as the number one gaming site for kids and teens, invites children to "create adventures, play games, role play and learn with their friends in a family-friendly, immersive 3D environment."

Kids make an account using their phones, ipads or computers and then have access to over 22 million games in virtual reality worlds where they make their own characters.

Disturbingly, a chat facility on the site means strangers can message kids directly and chat to them - with no way to screen contacts or block messages.

Whilst under 13s who register for the site can only chat to their approved friends list, there is no verification of date of birth when making an account and youngsters can easily gain access to the full chat facility.

There's been a wave of reported cases of adults using Roblox to pose as children and send them lurid messages, with one 8-year old from Sunderland even receiving requests to meet up.

Mum-of-three Rebecca Thomson, 36, runs a parenting group and says she would be sickened if her seven-year-old twin girls were targeted through Roblox.

"It's no longer just weird men or women sat outside schools in their cars we have to worry about, there is clear potential for grooming here.

"If they are promoting this app as the number one gaming site for kids and teens then they need to take responsibility for their safety, but as parents we do too.

"Websites can be blocked at an IP level through your home internet system meaning kids can't access them, we need to actively seek out these sites and stay ahead of the game to protect our children."

Back to top Go down
Silver_1
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member

YSH Forum Activity Points : 780
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 49

PostSubject: Re: Roblox - parents warned about dangerous online game that children are obsessed with   Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:17 pm

cheers

Excellent Post, Colton....!

Bringing Up Examples Such As This, Are Constant Reminders That Creeps Run Rampant On The Web....!

Being Safe Can Be A Daunting Task, Especially On (Other) Chat Sites....!

Arrow  Arrow  Arrow
Back to top Go down

Roblox - parents warned about dangerous online game that children are obsessed with
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1