YOUTH SAFE HAVEN

A fun, safe, moderated forum for teens and young adults to meet other people from around the world. Share photo's, creativity, and make some new friends. To chat, click on connect at the bottom of the DIscord box

EventsHomeFAQSearchCalendarRegisterLog inFacebook
Welcome to Youth Safe Haven forum, and our Discord chat room.

Share | 

Rumor Spreading

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xPoonDogg2003x
Youth Ambassador
Youth Ambassador

YSH Forum Activity Points : 191
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 148

PostSubject: Rumor Spreading   Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Our chat room is drama free but it seems lately we got a couple people that like to start rumors about other people, or that are too nosy and do not mind their own business. If you do not know the truth about siething, before you spread a rumor maybe you need to go ask the person first for the facts, if they do not want to tell you then it is probably none of your business, in that case LET IT GO

Ryan
Youth Safe Haven Founder
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 669
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 343

PostSubject: Re: Rumor Spreading   Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Understand that untrue rumors can destroy a person's reputation when they get back to family or friends.
Before you spread an untrue rumor that you heard, or it's based on something about another person that is not based on facts, but rather what you think, ask youself "how would I feel if this was not true and they said it about me?"

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com
Adam_G
Distinguished Members (VIP)
Distinguished Members (VIP)

YSH Forum Activity Points : 688
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 411

PostSubject: Re: Rumor Spreading   Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:47 pm

@Ryan wrote:
Understand that untrue rumors can destroy a person's reputation when they get back to family or friends.
Before you spread an untrue rumor that you heard, or it's based on something about another person that is not based on facts, but rather what you think, ask youself "how would I feel if this was not true and they said it about me?"

as much as untrue rumors can destroy a person's reputation, sometimes, even true rumors can ruin that reputation, so before you start a rumor about anyone, talk to that person first about the information and to be fair to them, if they want the information spread around, let them do the spreading.
Back to top Go down
Silver_1
Top Monthly Forum Poster
Top Monthly Forum Poster

YSH Forum Activity Points : 611
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 49

PostSubject: Re: Rumor Spreading   Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:16 pm

I Had To Edit This Several Times....Hopefully This One Will Be OK....!

Peeps That Spread Rumors Are Self Centered MORONS....!

Wiki Defines It This Way....

" A rumor (American English) or rumour (British English) is "a tall tale of explanations of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern." In the social sciences, a rumor involves some kind of a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. "

..." a tall tail" OR "a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. "

Usually, It's A False & Vindictive Version Of Hear-Say, With The Intention Of Malice....!

Peeps That Spread Them Are Often Losers, Looking For Some Kind Of Recognition By Their Peers....!

Unfortunately, Many Other Peeps Fall Prey To Believing These Lying Scum & Make Matters Worse, By Spreading Their Own & Modified Versions...!

The Damage This Can Cause Is Unmeasurable & May Even Ruin A Peep's Life, Entirely.....!

Common Sense & Good Advice Is....If U Hear A Rumor...Get The Facts 1rst, Before U Make Any Statements About It, Or U Become Guilty Of Being Just Another Link In The Chain Of MORONS ....!

.........................................................................................
Back to top Go down
Trumpet Teen
Chat Room Moderator
Chat Room Moderator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 451
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 381

PostSubject: Re: Rumor Spreading   Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as the damage rumors (true and untrue) can cause when people spread them around.

Don't fall into that trap of being the person who is responsible for causing another person the hurt that rumor spreading can cause,
Back to top Go down

Rumor Spreading
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1