Rumor Spreading

xPoonDogg2004x
Junior Staff/Youth Ambassador
Junior Staff/Youth Ambassador

YSH Forum Activity Points : 335
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 256

Rumor Spreading

Post by xPoonDogg2004x on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:37 pm

Our chat room is drama free but it seems lately we got a couple people that like to start rumors about other people, or that are too nosy and do not mind their own business. If you do not know the truth about siething, before you spread a rumor maybe you need to go ask the person first for the facts, if they do not want to tell you then it is probably none of your business, in that case LET IT GO

Ryan
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 709
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 372

Re: Rumor Spreading

Post by Ryan on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:42 pm

Understand that untrue rumors can destroy a person's reputation when they get back to family or friends.
Before you spread an untrue rumor that you heard, or it's based on something about another person that is not based on facts, but rather what you think, ask youself "how would I feel if this was not true and they said it about me?"

Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

YSH Forum Activity Points : 833
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 517

Post by Adam_G on Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:47 pm

@Ryan wrote:Understand that untrue rumors can destroy a person's reputation when they get back to family or friends.
Before you spread an untrue rumor that you heard, or it's based on something about another person that is not based on facts, but rather what you think, ask youself "how would I feel if this was not true and they said it about me?"

as much as untrue rumors can destroy a person's reputation, sometimes, even true rumors can ruin that reputation, so before you start a rumor about anyone, talk to that person first about the information and to be fair to them, if they want the information spread around, let them do the spreading.
Silver_1
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member

YSH Forum Activity Points : 899
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 54

Post by Silver_1 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:16 pm

I Had To Edit This Several Times....Hopefully This One Will Be OK....!

Peeps That Spread Rumors Are Self Centered MORONS....!

Wiki Defines It This Way....

" A rumor (American English) or rumour (British English) is "a tall tale of explanations of events circulating from person to person and pertaining to an object, event, or issue in public concern." In the social sciences, a rumor involves some kind of a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. "

..." a tall tail" OR "a statement whose veracity is not quickly or ever confirmed. "

Usually, It's A False & Vindictive Version Of Hear-Say, With The Intention Of Malice....!

Peeps That Spread Them Are Often Losers, Looking For Some Kind Of Recognition By Their Peers....!

Unfortunately, Many Other Peeps Fall Prey To Believing These Lying Scum & Make Matters Worse, By Spreading Their Own & Modified Versions...!

The Damage This Can Cause Is Unmeasurable & May Even Ruin A Peep's Life, Entirely.....!

Common Sense & Good Advice Is....If U Hear A Rumor...Get The Facts 1rst, Before U Make Any Statements About It, Or U Become Guilty Of Being Just Another Link In The Chain Of MORONS ....!

.........................................................................................
second_son_da_great
Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 679
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 542

Post by second_son_da_great on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Everyone pretty much hit the nail on the head as far as the damage rumors (true and untrue) can cause when people spread them around.

Don't fall into that trap of being the person who is responsible for causing another person the hurt that rumor spreading can cause,

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:18 pm