Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ᒍᗩKOᗷ
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 2658
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 1638

PostSubject: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:03 am

Yesterday, I lost all respect for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

At the start of the game between them and the Chicago Bears, the Steelers decided to stay off the field during the National Anthem. Their coach used the excuse that this was because of President Trump's crusade against players who refused to kneel during the National Anthem.

Now I am not a fan of President Trump, but where in the National Anthem does it mention Trump?

HELLO.....the National Anthem is not about ONE person, it is about our great Nation.

If I disagree with something Pope Francis says, do I refuse to make the sign of the cross, or kneel when I should during the Mass?

The Steelers got boos from the crowd when they came on the field, which they deserved.

Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin and that entire team, all but one player who came on the field should feel ashamed. You are all suppose to be role models for younger kids that look up to you, and yesterday the Pittsburgh Steelers showed all of us that their Coach and team are not worthy of our respect.

I gave this same argument in my first hour class this morning
Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com/
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

YSH Forum Activity Points : 833
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 517

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:48 am

Thank you, Jakob *insert sarcasm here* for taking a total disregard to the post that I had done just minutes before you posted this. So the Steelers made a mistake yesterday, so what, everyone makes mistakes. Does that mean we should lose all respect for anyone because of one mistake? Trust me, I was disappointed too, but to be fair, the players were just following coach's directions, minus the one that came out onto the field. Put yourself in their shoes for a minute, especially since I know you play sports. Would you follow coach's directions, or would you do your own thing, regardless of the criticism that may or may not follow?
Back to top Go down
ᒍᗩKOᗷ
Youth Safe Haven Founder

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:22 am

Adam and all,

I think you know me well enough to to know that if I had been a player in this situation, that I would have done what I felt in my heart, and went out for the National Anthem.
This post was not meant to offend you, or anyone else. I do posts here on a lot of things I do school reports and presentations on.

Had the Bears done this in Pittsburgh, I would be making this post about them.

I would not take it personal if I knew my team did something like this, but I would lose my respect. This was more than a "mistake", this was an agenda that Coach had, to go against something all of us do before a ball game, not caring about the fans or the people in Illinois, and who used his entire team to push it.
Back to top Go down
Volleygirl

YSH Forum Activity Points : 483
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 351

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:43 pm

I think this post Jakob did was in very bad taste. How does a person get elected to the position of class President when he goes out of his way to do a post, or talk about a subject that he knows will upset people?

I ask Ryan or Rhiannon to please step in here.
Back to top Go down
Ryan
Youth Safe Haven Founder

YSH Forum Activity Points : 720
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 382

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Karissa, should we not allow our members or staff to do posts because we think someone may disagree?

A deliberate post that is meant to upset a person or a group of people is one thing,
but this post and intention was far from that.

As I have indicated before, Jakob runs Youth Safe Haven, Rhiannon and I will not interfere in his decisions concerning Youth Safe Haven.

Back to top Go down
http://youthsafehaven.editboard.com
Baserunner_Chic
Chat Room Moderator
Chat Room Moderator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 486
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 427

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:33 pm

I was in class when this topic was discussed, by people that differed in their opinions.

There was no intent on Jakob's part to knowingly upset anyone, as there was intent here to do that. He was expressing his opinion on what the Steelers did.

I for one am not going to tread on eggshells on what I post, not will I purposely be mean towards anyone.
Back to top Go down
Ryon
Chat Room Administrator
Chat Room Administrator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 177
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 135

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:20 pm

I like the Steelers, and I can understand why the coach and the team did what they felt they had to do, by not walking out when the Anthem was played. I do not agree with some of the things Jakob said.

But at the same time, I am not taking it personal, Jakob has a right to express his opinion,
as we all do. Not for one minute do I feel this was done to upset any one person here.

We all need to understand that we cannot force everyone to think like we do, and agree with everything we agree to.
Back to top Go down
BaBy_BluE

YSH Forum Activity Points : 105
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 82

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Adam: Thank you, Jakob *insert sarcasm here*

Seriously, who is the adult here?

I could care less whether they went out to hear the National Anthem, or whether they did not.

But all of us are entitled to an opinion at Youth Safe Haven, right or wrong, so I suggest everyone here understand that. We are all not going to agree, but let's not get so thin skinned that we take everything so personal.

And Karissa, this has nothing to do with Jakob being class President, so I would suggest you not even go there.
Back to top Go down
<__-)SwAGgYAVERY(-__>

YSH Forum Activity Points : 122
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 91

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Okay, to end any question, Jakob had no clue what Adam's post was about before he put this one up here, he thought it was about something else, or in the chat room. I was in class with him so I know that to be a fact. In no way did he think by doing this post that anyone would take it so personal, and get this upset about it.
Hope that sets the record straight on that issue.

The issue of the Steelers not going out for the National Anthem is the issue here, and it seems we may be divided, personally, I was disappointed that they did that, but do I dislike them or hold a grudge, no,
Back to top Go down
ᒍᗩKOᗷ
Youth Safe Haven Founder

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:19 pm

If I did not stand up for what I believe, and what I felt was right, what kind of Class President would I be?
A weak person who ignores things, who lets things slide because I may 'offend' someone.
At no time when I wrote this post did I do it to offend anyone at Youth Safe Haven. I was not aware of the reason another post has been written before mine, as there was no explanation of what it was about.

No, in regards to the pm's I got, am I going to remove, or close this thread, I have a right too, as a person, and as the owner of Youth Safe Haven to speak, as all of you do.
Back to top Go down
Silver_1
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member
Level 50 Chat Room Elite Member

YSH Forum Activity Points : 935
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 54

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:03 pm

** bounce **

It's Really Great To See All This.....!

Not for The Misunderstandings, But For The Discussions & Opinions.....!

Glad U Didn't Lock The Post, JaKob.....!

Back to top Go down
Volleygirl

YSH Forum Activity Points : 483
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 351

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 pm

I did not read the entire post, I mean really read Jakob's post and think about it before I jumped the gun and made my post, which was totally wrong.

I also know Jakob would not deliberately hurt anyone's feelings on here and my remarks were out of line, I apologize to Jakob, and all of you,
Back to top Go down
/\/Austyn\/\

YSH Forum Activity Points : 103
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 75

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:31 pm

Ok, so this is the Founders section, Jakob is a founder. Disagree or not, I think we all need to respect the title he has and think before we post things that can be hurtful or insulting.
Back to top Go down
second_son_da_great
Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 689
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 546

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:16 am

Some really good arguments all the way across the board. Things like this create a lot of opinions, and sometimes people get emotionally involved, whether they are a fan of the team, or their beliefs because of how they were raised.

I like the participation of everyone who responded.
Back to top Go down
Adam_G
**Honorary Member VIP**
**Honorary Member VIP**

YSH Forum Activity Points : 833
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 517

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:44 pm

all this talk recently about the NFL and disrespecting of the US Flag, that's nothing compared to how the entire country disrespects it, watch the video in this link and you'll see what I'm talking about

https://www.facebook.com/BuzzFeedNews/videos/1648835478470797/
Back to top Go down
ᒍᗩKOᗷ
Youth Safe Haven Founder

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:24 pm

You are right Adam, they do, and it's sad because people like that nutcase in North Korea love to see people protest and diss our flag and Anthem.

But those of us that believe this is wrong have every right to let others know we do not accept this, and we will let people know how we feel.

The problem is most people do not have enough balls to say anything, or speak their mind, cause someone might not agree. I am not one of those people.
Back to top Go down
second_son_da_great
Social Media Coordinator
Social Media Coordinator

YSH Forum Activity Points : 689
YSH Reputation Points For An Outstanding Post : 546

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:13 pm

Whatever happened to United We Stand? seems to have been forgotten about in the last 5 years, way before Trump got elected, but now it's worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example   

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers show poor example
Page 1 of 1